old pof pearl

Started by Arinohk, April 08, 2004, 12:02:03 PM

I'm looking to create a new charactor and I would like to play someones slave, perferably an old established player.
If anyone has pearls e-mail could they send it to me?
Or the e-mail of a highly active borsail?(not someone who's around once a week, but like once a day)

I suggest you e-mail the Borsail Clan Immortals, Kivan and Wachabe. :)
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

Are you sure you really want to play a slave and not a house servant?  Very few people understand the mindframe of playing a bonified slave.  It is not a role that involves a lot of identity.  Slaves do not think for themselves.  In my opinion, most slave PCs whom you may have seen in the past were really free-roaming commoners who flaunted their nifty quirk of being a slave by wearing a collar.  There really isn't anything that qualified them as being a "slave".  That's not to say every slave is chained to a wall and given zero responsibilities, however.  Still, I think that by and large slaves should remain NPCs, with the exception of a very small per centage of players.  For me, it's not the "understanding the mindframe of a slave" so much as ... do you really want to play a slave?  Are you absolutely certain you realize what that role entails?  Playing a trusted house servant who has a background of being raised from a long line of respected house servants is a lot more feasible.

I think it's a mistake to generalize the mindframe of a slave. A human slave could have about any perspective.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I would perhaps aggreee, except that most of my charactors have been servant types of one kind or another.
I think it all really depends on the slave/master relationship.

Plus I'm sure pearl will remember me *evilgrin*

At the very least it would be nice to touch base for old times sake.

Quote from: "moab"I think it's a mistake to generalize the mindframe of a slave. A human slave could have about any perspective.

If you are playing a slave bred by one of the major slaving Houses, such as Winrothol or Borsail (and probably even Kasix), then what you are saying it definately not true.  If you are owned by some sort of freelance or independant slaver (assuming such things exist), then I guess you are free to have any perspective you wish.  But then, how many independant slavers can you name off the top of your head?

There is actual documentation in existance for would-be slaves, depending on who bred them.

Well, first, if you want to be someone's slave, why not send an email to the staff so that they can set you up with someone who has a slave?  Who says that this character you want to be slave to still exists?  Who says that this character has or wants a slave?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Could you post links to this documentation if you have it?

It could help RP a bit :)

Just to add to the statement of "A human slave could have about any perspective", Moab.  That's the whole point of a slave.  That they don't have just any perspective.  It's what separates commoners from slaves.  Which is why I would always steer someone away from playing a slave.  You have absolutely no free will and unless you were captured and enslaved as an adult (in which case you are likely little more than arena fodder), then you have been brainwashed since infancy to a very rigid and select way of thinking.  You have such little free will that you don't even control your own thoughts!  Your master tells you how to think and since slavery is a huge market (ran almost exclusively by 3 major Houses) every slave has to have their specific House's "seal of approval".  So there is no good master/bad master scenario here.  If you were bred by Borsail you have a certain way of thinking, if you were bred by Winrothol then you have another way of thinking, and so on.  The only variations you may find are dependant upon what kind of slave you are, but thereto again, you are still moulded into a specific personality.  A slave is not a person, they are a product.  A possession.

All in all, it just doesn't sound very exciting to me.  If you play a slave as a slave, I think you'll be bored to tears.

If you accept the above statement as accurate and you're still adamant about playing the role, as has previously been suggested contact the noble staff for Winrothol or Borsail.

There's an abundance of documentation on slaves, including roleplaying them, at http://www.armageddon.org/general/slavery.html.

I suggest sending your request to the staff members handling noble or merchant clans in the area or areas where you think you would like to play.