Odd OOC goals for characters?

Started by crymerci, March 21, 2004, 05:31:20 PM

An AC post reminded me of this...

Does anyone else make bizarre ooc goals that they want to accomplish with some character at some point?

I don't mean IC goals or real accomplishments, like exploring the Silt Sea, forming a new clan, branching whatever, finding Steinal, assassinating whomever, etc.

But OOC stuff. Things that aren't accomplishments for your character, but oddities for you to enjoy.

Two examples that I've wanted to do: I've wanted to get a character hired before ever entering a tavern (done), and I've wanted to make a character and have them live for a respectable amount of time...but never have them change out of their newbie outfit.

Anyone else have any odd goals?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Someday, somehow, play a political character that doesn't suck when I have the time and motivation.  Also, leave a lasting mark on the mud that's a little better than having eaten a baby :P

-der Comrade
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

I once had a goal of being killed by my own men.  Sadly, my character was fired for incompetence before I managed to push then that far. Grumble.

Mass killing my all OOC friends in Turkey at once :) I'm going to.. :p
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I...um...

I shouldn't brag. The little ones are watching me.  I'll be a good example.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

become a nenyuki imm, or just have a PC ;)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Have a very important rebellion char, and form the rebels such that Tek would tremble in fear.

And another one is kill Cenghiz's char before he kills mine.
some of my posts are serious stuff

QuoteAnd another one is kill Cenghiz's char before he kills mine.

Heh... Come with some ketchup so I may loot it, Ghost.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I want to see how many cliffs my character can survive falling off of.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I really delight in near death experiences, probally why I have short lived characters too though.
Veteran Newbie

My OOC and IC goals are and always will be to take over the known world.

All of my characters are named, brain. I have no idea why the imms let me pulls this off.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quotejmordetsky said:
My OOC and IC goals are and always will be to take over the known world.

All of my characters are named, brain. I have no idea why the imms let me pulls this off.

For the same reason the road runner let wiley coyote chase him over and over.
Their entertainment.

Join a desert elf (or human) tribe.

As a half-giant.
Back from a long retirement

A slim-bladed, polished steel katana is here, looking really legendary.

>> get katana

You pick up a slim-bladed, polished steel katana.

>> think Hmmm... Nah, I don't really want this, I'm a magicker!

>> Junk katana

You break a slim-bladed, polished steel katana.

Moo-haw-haw!

I wanna start a 'Nakki Barber Shop.

ep sword

tell customer Yes sir! Close shaves are our speciality!
Surrender!"
"You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

Quote from: "Ralin"I wanna start a 'Nakki Barber Shop.

Do it. That'd be a lot of fun to take part in.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Become a rich merchant without ever buying a single thing.
Never buy even water, food, or clothing.  Can't give money to someone to buy things for you.

Get rich like that ^_^

Autarch Kade

The correct term is fuck-me, not merchant.
Back from a long retirement

Die.  I OOCly wanted to just once die of starvation/thrist inside of the city WITHOUT giving up.  I wanted a character desperate to the end, dying nearly naked because he sold off everything he had for just a few more days food.  I tried this with a character concept and found it annoyingly hard to do.  Right as I was getting desperate, I would find some ass holes corpse and be a thousand 'sid richer.  I managed to eventually get him to die though.  I probably could have dragged it out a little longer, but I decided to give him a death more amusing then simply dropping dead inside a tavern.

I want to make a new city state by randomly walking somewhere and emoting building a hut. And wait for others to come,