about an assassin...

Started by Tiran, March 20, 2004, 03:18:34 AM

Shortly,
Can Assassins have the skills "hunt" and "listen" at the beginning of the game?

this is better;
Does an assassin start the game with the skills hunt and listen?

I'd have to say, that for your answer consider your subguild options to tailor your character.  There is a helpfile on those (help subguild might be it - you can browse helpfiles here in the web page).  Some of those might lead you toward what you want.  If it is a pc already in the game and you simply want those skills I'd recommend emailing the mud account with why you want them, and what you have done either pc history-wise, or in terms of present pursuits that leads you to think you should have these skills to start.  The game administrators are relatively flexible in adjusting individual PC abilities if you can provide logical reasoning behind it.  Everything has a cost though - if much of your life was spent learning the intricate attention to detail required in one ability, what have you forgone elsewhere?  Be aware of potential tradeoffs.

Well fine, you reposted changing the original question from a 'can' to a 'do' so my comments seem somewhat out of place :(  As to DO they already start with it, I don't know.

Figure it out yourself.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Read the help file, it's usually very good about telling what you get.

Okay, Tiran, to try to be a bit more helpful...

Do you think that an assassin should get it and why?  (Don't answer that question to us, just to yourself.)  Note that some things a guild should get doesn't mean they start with it, and will branch it later.  Really, the only way you can find out for certain is to make a character that you think will get the skills you want for your background.  Also, remember that sub-guilds can't get as good at some things as guilds, and can not branch.  The skills you get from a sub-guild are secondary to everything else.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.