Taking Furniture from Taverns

Started by Sanvean, March 19, 2004, 12:46:14 PM

To put it bluntly, to the people doing it: KNOCK IT OFF.

The furniture is not there to provide you with a means of financing your existence. It is there for people to sit on.

When you remove furniture from bars and taverns:

a) You are being unrealistic, and ignoring the existence of the NPCs, both real and virtual. Do you -really- think that the bartender is going to not notice you taking three chairs from a table and walking out with them...repeatedly?
b) You are taking part of the game world away from other players, who are using that furniture for the pruposes for which it was intended.
c) You are creating work for the staff - replacing the chairs and having to check taverns to see where your crimes in the name of interior design are taking place.
d) You are really pissing me off.  No, really.  I don't want to have to put scripts on every tavern to stop this happening because COMMON SENSE SHOULD TELL YOU THIS IS A BAD IDEA.

GO SANVEAN! It's very sad to think that this had to be brought up - again -

People, really. Pay attention to your surroundings. This goes for taking chairs, to letting shattered stones fly around wineglasses while you spam-craft at the bar, coming into a crowded tavern drenched in blood and near death and sitting at a table...

It is a fantasy world where all kinds of unusual and unique things can happen. But in ordered for us to suspend our disbelief in the fantastical, they need to be made realistic in our imaginations. They also have to not piss off the staff.

So please - listen to Sanvean, and incorporate a sense of realism to your own RP. If not for the rest of us who want to RP a realistic fantasy setting, then at least for the staff who works VERY hard to bring the world to us.

I say write a script that auto kills anyone setting foot outside the tavern with the goods in question.

EDIT: And instead of a mantis head you get a big middle finger.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Yes, please stop. Most likely if something goes in to code it's going to stop people from being able to move chairs around when they need more at a different table.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

"Cut their fucking heads off!"

"You can dooo iiitt!" :twisted:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

It shouldn't be coded. People should just use their common sense.

If something needs to be coded, simply make a person crim-flagged if they take anything chair, or bigger out of a tavern.  Then throw them in jail till a templar lets them out.

Ya, don't code it.  Just wish up if you see someone doing it, and lets the imm's suspend the twinks account or something.

Okay, I'm sorry, I'll put it all back.

I just wanted nice stuff in my characters house...

:cry:
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I make a lot of money this way though, I love stealling the chairs. For I steal them brake them all up and then come back and charge people to rent them from me! :twisted:

I am a Genius!

:shock:  Again?  Jeez.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Heh, damn, I'm surprised people've done that. Fekken lame....   (although...maybe one of them has ic justifications and quality rp? or not...since..you didnt say that. ;) )
Veteran Newbie

There is a difference between a well-played scene that ends with a chair being removed from a tavern and a person spamming the actions to pull the chairs from multiple tables, picking them up and running off without so much as a wink.

I agree Gilvar. If someone is going to do something like this, they should e-mail the mud account. It's the same reason people e-mail clan Imms when they plan on doing strange stuff (such as playing a spy, breaking into people's lockers, stealing clan items and then selling them to NPCs, rifling through people's belongings, etc).

All of these can be done and should be done from time to time. But without letting the Imms know what your doing, what ends up happening is the Imms get an e-mail from a player who doesn't know what's going, whether or not the person was a twink or a good roleplayer, and then they have to spend time trying to find out what's happened. By letting the Imms know, they can offer you code support (e.g. if your disguising yourself as an employee to a House, the Imms can help you) and also make sure the VNPC environment reacts realistically.

I keep hoping to see somebody stealing chairs, at which point I'm going to wish up for one to be wieldable, ep or etwo and beat them with one.

Um, Hey, maybe the staff would be kind enough to have one ready:)
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job