This game is stressing me out.

Started by Stressed, March 17, 2004, 06:33:40 PM

Have you ever had a problem with this game where a character begins to get wrapped up in some situations where you yourself are so wrapped up in your character that it begins to really stress you?  I play to relax and have a little fun, but this character of mine is the longest lived and easily probably the one with the most interesting stuff going on around it.  For the last month or so I have been thinking more and more about how I just want to take a break.  Nobody is doing anything bad, really, it is just all stuff from in-game where everyone is playing there characters in a realistic way, but all the tension has begun to stress me out.  Me and my character need a break!  But if I turn around and take a two week break, who knows what sort of stuff I'll miss, and even more, what if someone gets promoted past my character too?  What do you do in a thing like this?

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Take a chill pill.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Take a day off...do something else...play a video game in which you can blow shit up...
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Pungee"Play Arm Drunk!

Bad idea! You know how many characters I've lost that way?

Yeah...lost one while drunk too...abso incred endurance.... :oops:

...DAMN MY DRUNKEN HANDS!!!! :cry:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Take the break.  Do it before you get too twisty about it all.

A few days, or weeks,  away will make it all so much better.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I say take a break, even if for a few days or a week or so.  Who cares what happens in your absense.  Other people are absent when stuff is happening to YOU.  My biggest qualm with Arm is the tendancy it has to suck you into the game for ridiculous amounts of time.  Not because it's hard to let go and return to the real world, but because sometimes you're always in the middle of something, and there's never a good time to logout.  Additionally, if you play any sort of "important" persona, there's the demand that you play frequently.  I've seen ads for a new templar or merchant role or something, and it may say "Must be available to play 3+ hours a day."  My jaw just drops when I see that.

I know the feeling, though.  Sometimes the whole political embroilment side of Arm gets to be annoying, and yet it all makes sense, adds depth, and makes the story believable.  It's hard not to see the game from our character's point of view though, which is why sometimes I just want to say "ENOUGH!" and go make a desert elf or something and forget about the rest of the game world, heh.

Nope.  Shrooms.  ;)
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

At the point that the words started melting into little pools outside of the computer screen, I would begin to freak out.

Or my computer screen started floating around my room.

Don't do arm and shrooms. or drink. No good comes out of it. Your character will somehow do somthing completely unexpected. On the other hand, play drunk if your character plans on being plastered. Realistic roleplay, ya know. :twisted:
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: "uberjazz"

Nope.  Shrooms.  ;)

RIGHT... that's going to help with the paranoia...

damn newbie drug-addicts..

I do what I usually do.. Go over my application for an elite Nenyuki family member.. :)
One of these days.. Kurano will answer me.. if they even get my emails..
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

go ask ashjpd about it...oh wait, that's how he ended up quiting.

Got too involved in the game that his "girl" which I'm starting to think was a robot, got mad at him. So he tried blaming his troubles on the fact that arm exists, which means he's a BIG TWINKIE not just your average twinkie.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

You'll be okay, pal. Part of the beauty of Arm is, you can be wrapped up in incredible plot elements one week, drowned in kank dung by your enemies the next, and then cruise around in a new char the week after. It's all good, y'know? Recklessness can bring fun, or an end, to a life on Zalanthas, and either way you'll probably be a tad relieved.
he stories are woven
and fortunes are told
The truth is measured by the weight of your gold
The magic lies scattered
on rugs on the ground
Faith is conjured in the night market's sound