VNPC vision

Started by Cameron0202, March 15, 2004, 08:13:19 PM

Alright I thought of this new code that would maybe be hard to code in yet would add a great thing to the game:

It is VNPC vision, what they see or don't.

Here is what I mean, if something goes on where the VNPC tell on you and guards come,

Busy street: roll d20, if I get 2+ I am wanted so I can only get away with a 1.

Dark Scary alley way: roll d20, if I get 19+ I am wanted so I can get away with anything from 1-18.

I think this would make the game more realistic, in the way when you are wanted from doing somthing in a dark alley or somewhere with practicly no VNPC. Also the numbers might be affected by morning and night. More people during the day then night.

Sound's cool, IRL lots of ppl get away with things just cuz others aren't around...I'm sure that others can't be around all the time....
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Add the time too, so at late night, even in front of Gaj you'll need less than a perfect dice.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I believe it does not work disimilarly to this already.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

This is the best Idea ever, I've always thought that the insta caught method that all VNPC's represent meant that you could always feel resonably safe on the streets. This adds more excitement I think, even if most of the time the baddies still get caught, maybe nobody will notice :)
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Few... I thought I was going to be eaten up and spat up for this idea. Yet I should just wait for more to come... The only problem I see behind it is from what I know little of codeing this might take a long time to implement and such.

Already it is coded to take into account the amount of vNPCs. If they see you, I'm sure is included in that. There is also code that vNPCs will see you do something but won't do anything about it.

It's fairly advanced. It's not just, you fail at something and are automatically wanted.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Hmm, maybe this codding needs more tweeking if people are unsatisfied how it is currently.

Eh... I'm not dissatisfied... I didn't even know the code was already added.. I didn't play shady characters for long. And I'm not stolen from for long.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "creeper386"Already it is coded to take into account the amount of vNPCs. If they see you, I'm sure is included in that. There is also code that vNPCs will see you do something but won't do anything about it.

It's fairly advanced. It's not just, you fail at something and are automatically wanted.

Creeper

I'm a little sceptical about that, I've had nearly my 100th character, or somewhere aroud there, and several of which were shady types. Heck, that's how a lot of them died!

Creeper's just a lottta talk. Can we get a staff to confirm what he says?

Room_Flag: VNPC20, VNPC40,VNPC60, VNPC80,VNPC100.
DICE ROLL: 1D20       1D40     1D60       1D80     1D100

Additional skill check:          get (Room_flag VNPC),
(added to every skill)              Roll corresponding dice,
(Laws vary from town
to town)                                 check(Laws_Hometown)
                                       (normal skillcheck)

This could certainly complicate things, and make criminal activities become different in their very nature.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Well, lets see. With my CURRENT character. I have had four types of failures when stealing. One, I fail but the person doesn't catch me nor does anyone else. Two, the person catches me but noone else does, not crime flagged. Three, the person catches me, as do bystanders(An emote saying people look and then go about their business) still no crime flag. And  then one where the person catches me and I'm crime flagged, far as I know there is still a fifth where you catch yourself before you screw up, as I've seen that before, and noone else sees you, and no crime flag.

Honestly, really, I don't need staff confirmation for myself because it's just happened. Don't beleive me? Well go ask in the staff forum to come check it out here. Perhaps it's JUST in the failure part of the skill, but it seems to me to take care of VNPCs and what they see or don't see and either way it covers that. I'm sure either the other skills do the same, or there really is some code that determines rather or not a VNPC sees a certain action, as they DON'T always see everything. NOR are they everywhere.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "creeper386"Don't beleive me? Well go ask in the staff forum to come check it out here.

Eh, I don't think the staff would answer that in quite that way, as that would be spreading information I think they'd deem as IC.
Please edit your post, it's likely to take away part of a new thief-player's thrill.

On a related note, this thread isn't, as I understand it, just about the coded steal skill, but also concerns all other incriminating activities.

all I'm saying is that in those dark unlit unpopulated alleyways at night, one could easily fight a person and get away before guards notice, and then the next morning the guards come and see the body.