New to the Game

Started by Crow, March 15, 2004, 07:06:34 PM

ok, so i am new to the game. I picked my starting point as the labyrinth. I had been playing a little, getting a feel for the game, finding my way around. Then i looked at a map on the help files page and found that I had been wandering around allanak instead of the labyrinth. So then I went an looked around the labyrinth and there was almost no one, maybe one NPC that i saw. Maybe I just didn't go far enough in but I'm just curious about that. If I started in the Labyrinth should I try to stick mainly in that area or in allanak. Thanks.

The 'rinth can be difficult for experienced players, much less the new.  Think of it as the worst area you can think off,  gangs, murder, drugs, and all the best of the worst.  If your not fighting to survive, your hiding from something.  

Before you go deep in the 'rinth, remember it's the type of place that somebody would kill you for a fine pair of boots.  And read this http://www.armageddon.org/intro/rinth.html if you haven't already.

edit:  It's also great fun to play, once you get the right mindset, though it can sometimes take a few characters to get in the right mindset. :)

Ok, so why couldn't i find anyone else in there?

Because you didn't look in the right places. :)

The labyrinth is an underplayed zone.  It's one of the funnest places to role-play, but it's also a very dangerous place as well.

There -are- other PC's there, but it's not the kind of place where people will come up and shake your hand and ask how you're doing.  They're all careful, most are sneaky, and some are only noticing you so that they can plot to slit your throat and take your belongings.

So, be careful, and enjoy the slums :)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Youre gonna die....yer gonna die...yergonnadie yergonnadie yergonna DIE!

Umm...well get acclimated to that fact because...yea.
Veteran Newbie

Some of the people you aren't seeing may be there, but be hiding and sneaking, so you don't see them.  

Another recurring problem in the 'rinth is people "hunting".  You get some people going up there and killing everything that moves, you may not see any bodies because . . . well, I'll let you discover that for yourself.  But if you run accross cloaks and other crappy equipment lying on the ground, chances are someone killed the NPCs that wore them.

Good luck.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins