A question.

Started by WampireHunter, March 13, 2004, 12:26:24 PM

Well, i though i better ask it here rather than in game... i remember somthing like the guilders have mail to clan DM's every week ?  I couldnt get the whole idea about it.  Can some of you be informative about the subject? Are we gonna inform the stuff about in game events?

Sorry! I am a total newbie at the forum i guess!  I post the topic in a wrong place! Sory again

From your post, I am going to say you personally won't be sending any weekly e-mails to the Imms ;)

In clans it's often the responsibility for leaders to send in e-mails, if your not a leader, chances are you don't have to send in e-mails.

I'd just like to stress a point here...'leader' characters (Sergeants, Nobles, Templars, probably some high-end Merchants) are meant/required to email the clan imms and the staff in general a weekly report.

A report such as that would include, at least, some crucial details...weekly orders for a Merchant, evilness reports from Templars...mostly things that involve the staff somehow, whether through Senior (V)NPCs or through PC conflict, as well as sometimes more story-esque details.

My character is not in a leading position, but I still mail my clan imms about once a day, daily...though only if anything happened.  I won't go "My char woke up and made some bread then went to sleep then scratched his ass and drank water".

I'll include a sample (and fake) report...of course, everyone is entitled to their own style.  Again, this is not a real character and not a real report.

------------------------
Irma was coming back from her hunting today, and on her way back to Allanak, she met a wounded man in a T'zai Byn aba lying on a bloodied patch of sand.  She spoke to the man, and he told her that he was some Runner who had gone out of Allanak in order to hunt for scrabs, but instead he met with an ill-tempered dwarf that attacked him with a glasshacker.  The man was in very poor shape and the sun was about to set, so Irma decided to help him into the Gaj, give him some water and then go to the Byn to demand a reward.

The man and Irma spoke, and even though he seemed interested in him, she'd not interested because she only likes guys with purple eyebrows.  Either way, he's been begging her to not tell the T'zai Byn what was going on...so she might let him convince her, if he could give her more 'sids than what she assumes the T'zai Byn would give her (250).

Besides this, Irma has been working nearly all week, and mined over six hundred coins worth of obsidian.  She spent half on trinkets/food/water (you don't really need to specify, but if you bought a silk aba to disguise yourself, you can mention that) and put another half in Nenyuk, where she is hoarding a small fortune already (almost 2,000 'sids).

She is fairly happy, if lonely, and does not quite know what to do with herself once she hits her ever-nearing goal of renting her own house, a thing she has been unable to do since her family died/kicked her out/she left.  Her friends right now are Amos, Yorgan and Velma.  She likes Amos, but completely distrusts him and generally thinks him an idiot.  The same cannot be said about Yorgan, though, as she finds him a very obnoxious, if dependable, guy.  Irma believes that Velma is in love with Amos, and she might compete with her sheerly for the sake of competition, as Amos can only live with one. (his PC can't grasp the advanced freedom of Zalanthas. :P).  Irma and Velma are close friends, but also close competitors, and Velma is actually getting on Irma's nerves.

If Velma wins Amos and upsets Irma a bit more, once they are alone in the desert or in an alley, Irma will kill her.

------------------------

Generally when reporting, just say things that you find interesting as a player...but try to not remain in one place for too long without saying anything, it could make you realize things that might be nicer to do while in character.  Anyway, reports are very useful both for you and for the staff.  The staff can know that the Northern spy who stole the Bynner aba might face such and such difficulties from Irma, and can possibly arrange things accordingly.
Meanwhile, Irma can get everything in perspective.

Oh, when reporting...do try and make drafts and write to the point and as accurately as you can...but do not worry if you end up with a very long report.  Just arrange it into paragraphs, maybe do a few drafts and rewrites, and send to your clan imms (CC the MUD).  If you have no clan imms, you can simply email the report to the MUD.

Again, though, unless in very specific position, reporting is optional...though recommended.

Oh, by the way, if your character was making an order from a House, or was looking for someone (PC or NPC) in a clan, mailing that clan's imm can also be helpful.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I think this should be moved to the Archive - thanks to Larrath's post.  8)