Speaking of time, does "help time" seem odd?

Started by Angela Christine, March 12, 2004, 08:25:02 PM

"Days are further grouped into sets of two hundred thirty-one.
This interval marks the third time the sun and two moons
converge in each phase of the sun. Thus, in a 231-day
phase (or month), the sun and moons will all occupy the
same place in the sky, which happens to occur at midnight,

exactly three times. The third time this happens, the sun is
said to have moved into another phase and a new month
begins."

The sun and the moons are in the same place in the sky at midnight.  Wouldn't that mean that -none- of them are visible from inside the Known World, because the sun is not visible at Midnight?  Wouldn't you would have to be on the other side of the planet, where it would be noon, to see this?  That would be a weird place to live, they would see 9 solar eclipses per year.  If none of the three are visible, then how do you know that all three are in the same non-visible position?

Um, huh?

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'll just say yes and hope that's the right answer.

What do you mean the other side of the world, are you one of those heretics that thinks the world is round?

Apparently I am the only one who thinks having the sun and both moons in the same position at MIDNIGHT is strange.  Fine, I'll just go sit in the corner by myself.  :(

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

*points and laughs at AC as he skippers off to enjoy the midnight sunrise*
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I find it odd too. I'd either typo it or put it in ask the staff.