What the hell?

Started by EvilRoeSlade, March 02, 2004, 11:11:41 PM

Lets say that you're talking with somebody in the streets. You're probably about to finish with a conversation.  So far so good, right?  But then lets say that you disconnect for 20-30 seconds, and when you reconnect, the person you were talking with is gone and you're in the process of fighting what you think might be an NPC.  A few seconds later the NPC gets killed by a soldier, leaving you wondering what the fuck happened.

First:  Is there any good way to find what happened?  I tried wishing up, nothing.  I tried contacting the person I was talking with and hinting that I was LD, no response.

Second:  If you're the person I was talking with and you have any clue as to what transpired, please PM me.  I'm dying to know.

EDIT:  We left off with you "Gazing at me thoughtfully, with narrowed eyes."  Just so you know who you are.
Back from a long retirement

You sure that NPC wasn't the guy's buddy hiding in the shadows who decided to jump you when you went linkdead?

I don't really understand how people figure that when someone goes LD they loose all thier coded skills or something and can now be killed crim-flag free. *snicker*
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"You sure that NPC wasn't the guy's buddy hiding in the shadows who decided to jump you when you went linkdead?

If it was, then I would really like to know it.

Definitely an NPC though.  And not one that I would expect to be attacked by.
Back from a long retirement

E-mail the MUD with your account name, when it happened, and what happened.  As far as I know they record everything and checking to see what happened is trivial so long as you do it before Saturday reboot.