Hated Trends

Started by Trenidor, February 25, 2004, 08:22:21 PM

Perhaps not a hated trend but the current thing that I've noticed is all the nomad PCs which have sprung up and taken root in the city. Seems like every second or third PC is an Arabet or whatever  :wink:

Anyway, up to people what they play of course but being a nomad sure seems to be the trend of the moment. I just wonder sometimes how many actually are nomadic though...
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

There's often a PC-flavor-of-the-week thing going on.  Sometimes it seems like every other new PC is a nomad, sometimes it seems like magickers, and so on.

I think its that a well-played character of a certain type inspires others to create similar characters.  I know I've met several nobles/hunters/magickers/dwarves/etc that made me start to think about creating a smiliar character.

Quote from: "jhunter"In fact, I've often thought of having someone make a pc along with me...start in different locations, but have a history with each other that makes them want the other's head on a platter...play it out and see what happens (if anything) because of it.

I've almost posted asking for the same thing a couple of times now.

A tribal warrior hunting down a betrayer, hardened patriots from opposing city-states that clashed during the war, Krathi and Drovian sisters fighting for the domination of their respective element, a couple of rival hunters fueding over something inane as a kill. Something intensely personal, low-brow and gritty that won't turn into a political pissing contest.

That'd be bad-ass, a serious PC threat from the second you set foot in the game.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

QuoteA tribal warrior hunting down a betrayer,

I did this once before about a year or two ago.

Suffice to say, I would say that character is easily up there with some of my favorites.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I don't know about other tribes but I was recruited for the role with mine by the imm and there were a couple people who didn't have characters around the same time so they got pulled in too because the concept was so great they wanted to give it a try.

Yes we are nomadic but if you read the docs on certain tribes you see that they do trade in cities so you'll see us there a lot but we have our own 'homebase' and we live there and spend more time out than we do in the city.

Tribal chick:
Quotewe have our own 'homebase' and we live there and spend more time out than we do in the city.

Is this homebase an actual coded thing? Or just something you RP going to?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Though, I'm not the person who posted that, I know that members of the coded nomadic tribes do have a coded 'homebase' of sorts.  I will say no more, since it is IC.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.