Fill, in bars and stuff

Started by Tamarin, February 25, 2004, 07:08:02 PM

It would be really cool if you could walk into a bar, with an empty liquid container, and pay to have it filled with any liquid the place has to offer.  I.e. flame, anakore, whisky, whatever.

i.e. fill cask flame
You hand 60 obsidian coins to the bartender, and he fills your cast with Firestorm's Flame.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

It might be nice, but unfortunately these taverns don't REALLY have an endless supply of this stuff. If they only have 10 casks, and 10 people walk in to fill them, there's not going to be any left for people who actually want to sit at the bar and drink.

Remember this isn't the chinese take-out, though we often treat it as such. But I wouldn't support anything that would encourage turning taverns into take-out joints.

Quote from: "Bestatte"It might be nice, but unfortunately these taverns don't REALLY have an endless supply of this stuff. If they only have 10 casks, and 10 people walk in to fill them, there's not going to be any left for people who actually want to sit at the bar and drink.

Remember this isn't the chinese take-out, though we often treat it as such. But I wouldn't support anything that would encourage turning taverns into take-out joints.

Mmm...good point.  Then maybe a store that does that?  The templarate  could run it :)
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

The templarate doesn't own vineyards. Oash owns vineyards in the south (known info, not sekrit stuff here), Reynolte owns a vineyard, a few other groups own vineyards, and certain groups have a monopoly on certain spirits. If you want mass quantities of these things, you should absolutely seek out the PC noble/merchant and ask to buy it. It -should- be available, even though it might take a week or two real-time to get it.

Eh, I think it'd be interesting, although there'd probably be alittle mark up compared to the normal prices as they have to do things out of the norm(Maybe just as easy but it's different so it costs more). Very rarely is a business even now of days going to stick strictly to a small menu when they can make a profit off of other things.

Personally, this idea I could see implemented in some lower class taverns, along with other ideas, like bring your own meat or what not and they're cook it for a price, and such. Whole seperate idea but probably would see more people eatting in taverns if this was the case.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I love the idea.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Um, Bestatte...also something in the docs...Reynolte fell and is no more.  That's why Reynolte wine is expensive stuff...it has been discontinued.  One would be encouraged to look for someone that sells expensive stuff to get wine in large quantities...or an Oashi.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Ah true Spawnloser. House Reynolte was eliminated. But the vineyards still exist, and the wine isn't costing anyone nearly the kind of coinage it would if there was a limited quantity left. That's why I assumed the vineyards were still churning out wine. It's readily available and reasonably priced. I'd have to guess that -someone- is crushing that fruit and stuffing it into bottles, no?

I would guess that could very well be the case, but I doubt that it is still called Reynolte...the wine that is.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

While I agree with Bestatte on going to the source. Alternatives can be to e-mail the mud account. Why? Because perhaps some Houses sell wines but they're a closed clan (this may be the case up north, as always I have no idea). Another problem might be a House doesn't have any players in your city at the moment, etc, etc. You can have the commoner speak to an innkeeper to order in a cask for you (butchers will do this with whole cows or something) and you'll get it that way. But I prefer it to be handled via PCs or Imm-controlled NPCs (or through e-mail if your at very odd playing times) then to have it coded.

[EDIT]: For those who want waterskins of alcohol. You can buy bottles of alcohol in some places.

Yeah, and not only that, but Reynolte Dry is a common, reasonably priced wine available at a public tavern in a city somewhere.

Now, maybe it's not REALLY Reynolte Dry, but that's what it's called and what the bartender insists he's selling you when you pass over the sids.