Sdesc vs. Main desc

Started by Bestatte, February 25, 2004, 07:55:40 AM

Okay, my current character does not have any of his keywords in his main description...however, those features referenced in his sdesc are gone into with further detail in the main desc.  I'm pretty sure that with every single one of my characters, I have never used the exact words from the sdesc in the main desc.  People were talking about repetition?  That is a good example of annoying repetition, if you ask me.  Find multiple ways to say one thing....show some creativity.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"People were talking about repetition?  That is a good example of annoying repetition, if you ask me.  Find multiple ways to say one thing....show some creativity.
I have a hard time coming up with an mdesc let alone sdesc. I look at every resource I have to come up with an mdesc and it normally takes me at least an hour to do it. So coming up with a more unique sdesc is something I just can't do all the time. Doesn't mean I don't try, but my descs are very rarely anything flash and can be repetitious (I also tend to use a standard formula which I often try to stray from, but rarely succeed in a readable mdesc). So don't judge people cause of their descs ;)

On the other hand I can come up with a unique and interesting (something I think is unique and interesting anyway) background in a flash ;)

Quote from: "marilla"*confusion*

I am thinking this must be a joke...or I am missing something. The only names Ayashah has mentioned were 'Holmes', presumably Sherlock Holmes and Antonio Banderas, the lead character in the film '13th Warrior'.

Neither is IC as neither is involved in the MUD. (If they are, don't tell me. That would be IC.) :)

ROFLMAO,  Thanks Marilla, you nailed it on the nose.

Err..... was being a board moderator when there was nothing IC to moderate.  *giggles*

I didnt remember how to spell Banderas and was TOO lazy to look it up so I wrote just his first name. :)

OH, BTW, shoes DO change your height IC.  Trust me, I found that out and I dont think that's too IC to say either. As shoes in rl, can add height. So someone might look shorter on an assess than they are if you are wearing things that do affect your height.
 staff member sends:
    "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"

Quote from: "Ayashah"
OH, BTW, shoes DO change your height IC.  Trust me, I found that out and I dont think that's too IC to say either. As shoes in rl, can add height. So someone might look shorter on an assess than they are if you are wearing things that do affect your height.

I need to retract that.  :)   I guess it was a small bug with an npc.  :) Though I was told it was a cute idea. :)
 staff member sends:
    "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"