I love the new watch command.....But....

Started by Blue_Static, February 22, 2004, 09:13:36 AM

Just a quick question, I was wondering why the watch command does not work when your sitting. Can I not look a direction while sitting? Also when watching a direction then resting your mount it stops watching that direction. Not that typing it is a big deal I was just wondering why it does that.
In the desert no one can hear you scream."

The sitting not allowing watch thing, as was mentioned on the other thread on this subject, is probably because when sitting, you can't see nearly as far as while standing.

The part about resting your mount and watch kicking off is possibly a bug.  I would send an email to the mud account about it or bug it in game.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I'll gladly take the sitting penalty to use this thing...

The only thing I'd like to see added is a "watch out" or "watch in tent" command, so you can use that sort of thing.  Enterable buildings/tents/etc.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I dont think this should apply for looking in to buildings.  Why?  You'd basically have to be standing in the doorway, and everyone in the room would see you, its better to enter the building, and emote standing the the doorway

Currently, I'm simply happy to have it and hope any bugs get fixed, then I will ask for the watch pc/npc/item part to be added.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Yes, but then you can't look out...I believe that it should still be implemented that you can watch/listen in and out of buildings.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

when your dismounting, your usually concentrating on the getting off and getting it settled down, and not really watching the directions.

You know?
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

You do realize that we've been asking for this command for three years or more now?

For me, having to type watch again after you rest your mount is too little a concern for me to care about.
Back from a long retirement

Agreed, Salad.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"You do realize that we've been asking for this command for three years or more now?
Eight.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

QuoteYou do realize that we've been asking for this command for three years or more now?

Now that watch is taken care of, let the next long-time asked for change be breaking nosave into nosave and noresist. :)
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I thought that was only a new request?

How about "listen <target>" :P

QuoteI thought that was only a new request?

Mebbe it is, but I love changes that allow for us to get harshed by the wonderful world of Zalanthas, not the code. :P
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]