Watch!?!

Started by sacac, February 21, 2004, 08:00:36 PM

New command 'watch' with a like-named help file that explains what it is
 and how it works.  This is a first pass so in the future it is likely to
 change slightly.  Mail Nessalin with bugs.

I love you.
And you.
And you.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

*dance*
I especially love the fact that you can keep watching ahead while moving.
... How do I stop watching?

'watch none'
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

edit: beaten
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

badass
Veteran Newbie

Wooo new commands!  Though, is there any particular reason you cant watch while sitting?

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Wooo new commands!  Though, is there any particular reason you cant watch while sitting?

It said in the far distance, and logically it makes sense.
Veteran Newbie

Well, it'd also make sense that I could sit in a bar and just watch people walking around outside.  I'd think that anything you can see with look <direction> would work while watching.

Anyway, this may not be intentional, but you can watch and THEN sit and it still works.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Well, it'd also make sense that I could sit in a bar and just watch people walking around outside.  I'd think that anything you can see with look <direction> would work while watching.

You can see through the crowd in the tavern to watch the crowd outside without having to stand and peer over people's heads?

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Anyway, this may not be intentional, but you can watch and THEN sit and it still works.

Sounds like a bug to me.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Well, it'd also make sense that I could sit in a bar and just watch people walking around outside.
Depending how close you are to the exit, and how busy the bar is, it makes sense (to me) that you can only watch while standing.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Anyway, this may not be intentional, but you can watch and THEN sit and it still works.
That sounds like a bug to me and something I wouldn't use ;)

Quote from: "Help File"Your character must be standing in order to watch things in the distance.
I wonder if that includes riding. Because for most people, riding would add height, not subtract height ;)

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Well, it'd also make sense that I could sit in a bar and just watch people walking around outside.  I'd think that anything you can see with look <direction> would work while watching.

Anyway, this may not be intentional, but you can watch and THEN sit and it still works.

Twink Twink! I mean..umm..*shrug*  whatever works though, like said if you say youre sitting near an exit Id justify it.
Veteran Newbie

Does it give a room echo?
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

D-e-l-u-x-e

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

QuoteYou can see through the crowd in the tavern to watch the crowd outside without having to stand and peer over people's heads?

QuoteDepending how close you are to the exit, and how busy the bar is, it makes sense (to me) that you can only watch while standing.

I don't see how thats much different from 'look n' and so on.  But no matter, if they're fixing it right now, so be it.

<Varak> You carefully scale the wall of the building
<Varak> l e
<Varak> The dashing, blond-haired man lies on the bed here.
<Zhaira> haha
<Varak> The ravishing, buxom lass lies on the bed here.
<Varak> watch e
<Schwabe> hahaha...
<Schwabe> that sounds like the shit...
<Bestatte> woo hoo!

off the irc channel. Not my words...but...heheh :) I just had to share.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Callisto"Does it give a room echo?

I don't believe it does.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Maybe someone else noticed, and obviously the ones responsble have. ;p

But I think I noticed this, as stated someone said you could watch n, and then sit.

It seems the 'crash' may not have been a crash. When it rebooted up I started watching a direction, and then sat.

You have stopped watching n.

etc.
So lah.

Another shameless plug. This command does seem damn cool, and it was awesome how you imms had it just pop up with a help file and everything.  Lets see, the word Im looking for is impressive.
Veteran Newbie

It does not seem like you can watch "out" as a direction.  I also tried "leave".  Any plans to implement this?

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Yes... Fixed for sure... And yes! Please! I want "watch out", too...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I just wanted to say the watch command is very cool, and actually saved my life :)

She who has never typed look north every 2 seconds.