What feature/change would you most like to see?

Started by jhunter, February 20, 2004, 08:33:42 PM

What feature/change would you -most- like to see?

The addition of a watch skill.
10 (28.6%)
More room emotes added to various places in the game.
4 (11.4%)
More realistic or interesting scripting for npcs.
11 (31.4%)
A noresist feature.
10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: February 20, 2004, 08:33:42 PM

Just curious as to what people would like to see most added or changed in the game.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "jhunter"Just curious as to what people would like to see most added or changed in the game.

Where's the "let's complete the brew skill before we move on to lesser important things" option?

Hrrrmm...looks like I lost a few...dammit... :?
Well if you have any others that aren't listed feel free to post them.

More things in game craftable.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Things in the game continue to be made craftable.

All the 'crafting' sort of things be switched over to the acctually crafting code.

Hmm, and then I'd have to say some changes on the nosave stuff. Perhaps a way not to automatically fight back, various things like that.
21sters Unite!

I didn't see one I liked so I made my own.
I picked siege weapons.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

QuoteThings in the game continue to be made craftable.

I know. More things need to be. There's a lot of things that are craftable with weaponscrafting, tailoring, and armorcrafting subguilds but not as many with the others.
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

Quote from: "Carnage"
QuoteThings in the game continue to be made craftable.

I know. More things need to be. There's a lot of things that are craftable with weaponscrafting, tailoring, and armorcrafting subguilds but not as many with the others.

*in a hoarse whisper* Brew damnit,  BREEWW!!!

::EDIT:: Better? =P

Quote from: "Carnage"More things in game craftable.
Get to it then ;)

I'd like more realistic scripting for NPCs. Some of the scripts are pretty fucked up. But I don't know if they're fucked up on purpose or not.

QuoteA noresist feature
Is this like no-save, except for only when your character commits a crime?

And what about the "no fight back, defend only" thing?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

QuoteQuote:
A noresist feature

Is this like no-save, except for only when your character commits a crime?

Yep.

QuoteGet to it then

Who says I haven't? Writing up craftable items, from a player's perspective, isn't easy.

First, you need a damn high skill to make sure it's just not beyond your reach. Then you need a copy of the item to analyze. Then you need to go through a fuckload of materials and determine which single item or combination of various items would fit. You can't make a broadsword out of that two foot long length of obsidian, can you?
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

#1 Brew
#2 watch
#3 Adjacent room combat echos
#4 no eye color in sdesc
#5 brew
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "Carnage"you need a damn high skill to make sure it's just not beyond your reach.
According to posts here you can tell whether or not something is craftable by the response you get from "analyze <item>"

And while it's hard for players, I'd prefer to see players have to go through the trouble then Imms have to go through the trouble and not spend time on other stuff.

John, have you ever played a crafter?
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

Quote from: "Carnage"John, have you ever played a crafter?
Yes, but never a successful one. But what does this have to do with how everyone says the crafting system works?

Quote from: "John"
Quote from: "Carnage"John, have you ever played a crafter?
Yes, but never a successful one. But what does this have to do with how everyone says the crafting system works?

I was just wondering if you had any firsthand experience and actually knew what it's like, and that there's also three various messages you can receive.
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

QuoteAccording to posts here you can tell whether or not something is craftable by the response you get from "analyze <item>"

John is correct, A null return on analyze means it is -not- craftable and you should get to writing up the crafting for it and submit, the null return does not care if you have the skill to craft the item or not, you will get some kind of return if the item is craftable, even if you are analyzing a bow and you don't have any crafting skill at all.

In other words, if you get ANY return at all, it is craftable, analyze the next item.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

X-D and John are right from what I've seen.

No response to Analyze = No recipe.

You can't quite figure out how it was made = I've inferred that this means either you don't have a high enough skill or that it's a house specific craft that can't be duplicated unless you belong to that house.  But there is a recipe.

You have no idea how this was made = You don't have the skill to craft it, but there is a recipe.

What is 'watch'?  :)