Newbie needs help!!

Started by EazY, February 17, 2004, 08:06:19 AM

Thing is, ive been playing this game on and off (more off than on, due to perviously haveing a bad ISP) Anyway, it seems like everytime i quit in the safe quit rooms like the Gaj....  when i come back i dont have any possesions.  Meaning ive just been robbed and why does this keep happening evertime i come back to the game.

And i need advice now, what am i gonna do.  I used to try going into the rinth and scavageing but it seems to be closed.  I could pickpocket but id probably get caught, anyway Im gonna starve arnt I.  I dont want to do that now, considering im running strait out of ideas for new charecters.  

Another thing, I know its 'illegal' to have 2 charecters at the same time. BUT can i create another charecter whilst this ones still alive so that when the enevitable happens to my last charecter i can go back and play the game without haveing to worry about waiting for someome to activate my account.

And ive looked for a little while but i cant find the IRC server does anybody know the server and port number please, pretty please?  =)

Oh funny, Im not 100% sure though, but after i got robbed im pretty sure...... nah it cant be.... sounds dead silly.....   But when i started like;

<worn on legs>           a pair of light-brown pants
<worn on feet>           a pair of chalton leather boots

but after i got robbed, it was like ;

<worn on torso>          a blooded, sweat stained simple sandcloth shirt
<worn on legs>           a sweat-stained pair of light-brown pants
<worn on feet>           a pair of chalton leather boots

I might be wrong... but i dunno.

Right i'll leave it at that, sorry for the long post i just get carried away sometimes =)

Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Blood and sweat stains come from exertions such as combat and hiking long distances and are quite natural to see appearing on your apparel.

No, you can't create another character until your current one is dead. However,  it doesn't hurt to write up a few character concepts now so you can submit them for approval as soon as the character you're playing at present dies.

When you quit out in the Gaj dormitory, remember to type "quit" before you disconnect. Otherwise you end up link-dead there, and some of the poorer RPers will strip your characters of stuff despite the room being designated as a safe place to sleep in.

IRC is at irc.sorcery.net, channel #armageddonmud, as Krath said.

Talk to people, explain you're low on sid and looking for work, and quite possibly you'll find someone who could use an extra hand and will provide you with food and water.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

When you quit in the quit-safe room, are you actually typing the word "quit" in your game client? Or are you just closing you window? If you just close your window, you are -not- quitting out of the game, and your character is still there, vulnerable to whatever mean nasty ugly things people would do to him.  You have to type "quit" to quit, and follow the menu to disconnect.

You say that "whenever" you quit out, you are always robbed. This doesn't seem right, especially if you are coming back to the game wearing clothes that you didn't have when you were there last. I'd suggest it's either a bug, or you're not remembering what you were wearing before.

As for things to do, you can try getting a job. The Byn is a good place to try if your character is combat-oriented. One of the merchant houses would be good if your character is more of a crafter-type. You can also offer to run odd jobs for pretty much anyone who looks like they have money to pay. Such as hanging out in one of the bars and learning who's who, then offering to a noble's aide to fetch something from the market for them in exchange for a few sids.

If your character isn't human, you're going to have a tough time of it for anything other than the Byn. Not impossible to survive as a brand-new player with a non-human PC, but not exactly a cake-walk either.

Good luck!

I have no idea if this may be the case, but if you are using a program that incorporates a saved password/login info...it can sometimes log you on automatically after you have logged out if you don't close that program.  That happened to me once in a different Mud.  It's just a possibility. but close whatever it is that you might use to log on to Arm. immediately after you log out.  Was your character also hungrier/thirstier than when you left?  Were you standing up when you quit?  Did you wait for confirmation that you had left Arm.?  Also, just a suggestion, not saying that you do this, but don't ever go afk for very long in Arm.  I don't know if any of this helps.  But good luck and hang in there, it gets easier.
I suggest that you try to get in with a clan that will feed you as soon as possible.  *look board* in the Gaj and catch up on all the gossip to see which clans are looking.
he last thing in the world I want to do is to hurt you...
but it's still on the list.

Just to sort of expand on what Quirk said, the IRC channel is a good forum to ask questions regarding general game information you as a player should know out of character (OOC), and clarification on information most players should know in character (IC) but that you as a new addition to the game are unclear on.  His recommendation about asking around to find someone that might want to hire you is something you will want to do from within the game itself by talking to other characters - typically they congregate around the taverns so that might be a good place to start.

Aye, oh thanks peeeps, for replying.

Yeah, right ive been thinking about it. What happeing is i was useing z-mud so i auto logged in, its my second time i think. Anyway, so as it was logging it i hopped off to the toilet to do a pee. and when i came back id been robbed. mustave been then. so i know who was in the room at that time, i cant say here IC cant i? i know im trying to be causiouse about what i say OOC and IC its akward i think. any way they guys probably reading this hehehehe. i know he done it, and pulled him up about it, he obviously never said he did it, but he knew a tad bit more than he needed too, im not sur if i can say that..

So what if i grassed him up to a templar since the guy might have been a slave, im not a grass by nature but whats my charecter to do. i'll probably try begging in the gaj.. i suppose it is life or death aint it?

thanks guys anyway, oh p.s. how should i go about joining some clan or sumthin, IC or OOC do i need to find someone IC in teh arm.org or do i email a clan leadrer or even both???

Im trying hard not to sound like a "twink" as u all l33t mud peeps say lol, anyway, im very greatfull and appreciate all good advice that comes this way?

Thanq

~EazY

Check this link for clan infos:
http://www.armageddon.org/ic/

Also, most of the clans are recruting IC'ly. Check the taverns for the recruiters if you would like to join one of them.
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf