Speellin Gremmur Chacker for ZMud

Started by jmordetsky, February 13, 2004, 11:19:30 AM

Hi. I use zMud. As far as I can see, <insert explicative> zMud doesn't have <insert explicative> spell checker.

I, being a creature of MS Office, need one quite badly. I know other clients have them...but again I, being old, stubborn and set in my ways refuse to change clients.

Does anyone know of a plug-in or hack for it?

If not I'm going to <insert explicative> write one this weekend.

<insert explicative> Zuggsoft.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Heh, I have no Idea whether or not zmud has a spell checker, but

It's spelt expletive, *snicker*.

Sorry, I just thought that was (expletive deleted) funny. : )

Witness my torment...

*grumbles miserably*

www.j03m.com

why not just have a word window open in the background?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I do...it's just a pain in the ass.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "jmordetsky"Witness my torment...

*grumbles miserably*

I'm with ya, Brother.
*nods sagely*
he last thing in the world I want to do is to hurt you...
but it's still on the list.

If there was a spellchecker for zMUD I'd switch back.  But Zugg already has my money so I'm sure he doesn't care.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Alright, consider it done.

I will <insert misspelled explicative or expletive here> spend tommorrow afternoon while the mud is down figuring out how to forcedfully insert or automate Word into/with  <insert misspelled explicative or expletive here> zMud.

Updates on sunday.

<insert misspelled explicative or expletive here> Zuggsoft.

www.j03m.com

I asked Zugg about a spellchecker for zMud and he's opposed to this for a couple of reasons.

I found an excellent alternative to using Word in the background, though, it's called Spell Check Anywhere.

You can find it here:
http://download.com.com/3000-2381-6995615.html?tag=lst-0-6
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Quote from: "moab"I asked Zugg about a spellchecker for zMud and he's opposed to this for a couple of reasons.

I found an excellent alternative to using Word in the background, though, it's called Spell Check Anywhere.

You can find it here:
http://download.com.com/3000-2381-6995615.html?tag=lst-0-6

You are the coolest person I know.

Lessoned learned: Before actually coding anything, see if you can buy it.

www.j03m.com

My client, which is Mushclient, has a spellchecker.  Similarly to Zmud, you need to pay if you want a new version, but you can download an older version with nearly everything that Zmud has.  I think the only thing it lacks is a mapper.
Ashyom

Quote from: "ashyom"My client, which is Mushclient, has a spellchecker.  Similarly to Zmud, you need to pay if you want a new version, but you can download an older version with nearly everything that Zmud has.  I think the only thing it lacks is a mapper.

And Zmud's mapper sucks, so no big loss there.  Well, I'm sure the mapper works well for plenty of muds, but out of the box it doesn't work well for this one.  The weather messages baffle it, making it think there is a new set of rooms each time the weather/movement echos change.  And it stupidly thinks NW in the exits line means northwest, instead of both north and west.

About the spellchecker, how does it deal with Zalanthan words?  Does it  try to get you to spell mul as mule, etc?

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

You can "teach" it words, so it will only try to correct you once ;)

Yea I don't use the mapper...The only thing I do use are aliases cuz I'm lazy and i haven't even spent a good deal of time trying to get the max out of that...I just have stuff like sk = skin corpse

I just don't want to learn another program, I spend most of my life learning new IDEs to get various taks done....

www.j03m.com

Yea I don't use the mapper...The only thing I do use are aliases cuz I'm lazy and i haven't even spent a good deal of time trying to get the max out of that...I just have stuff like sk = skin corpse

I just don't want to learn another program, I spend most of my life learning new IDEs to get various taks done....

www.j03m.com

http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9745
Link to an alias that sends input to word for spell check, you use the word spell check box as normal and then when it is all done it automatically sends the corrected input to the mud. You need word to use this obviously.

I always thought it was explicit...

Word, and Dictionary.com back me up as far as I care to look.

Creeper
21sters Unite!