Combat Improvements...NPCS need LAG

Started by Agent_137, February 11, 2004, 07:22:23 PM

A split off from Combat Improvements Discussion on page 8.

Creatures should lag. I don't know how the code is applied to PCs for lag, but damnit, no lag is just dumb. Very unbalancing. Why hire a PC guard when you can get a no lag NPC? There's all sorts of horrid implications of no lag creatures that everyone has brought up. Yet it remains unchanged. I take this to mean it's very hard coded, and a change would be very difficult. Yet I see this as a vital to balancing the combat code, maybe the Imms can take it up as a long term project, revitalizing and re-writing the combat code for NPCs. Please please, give it a go. I don't expect it to be fixed tomorrow, but for the long term playability of Arma, it should be changed. This isn't a H&S MUD, but it certainly involves combat with NPCs, thus this should be changed.

Only certian NPCs experience no lag. Others suffer from lag. The ones that don't tend to be humaniod, or they tend to be the bashers.

Something I've always advocated was for the carru to lose common attacks, and only bash. Give it time for it to bash, turn about, and bash again, etc.

In regards to soldier NPCs, certianly slow down their inta-draw mess.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Well, shit, vemonz, that changes things.

Fix the no lag sooner! It's already been done.

Also, I am pretty sure the IMMs are more than aware of this issue.

Yes, yes they do.

No, no I haven't read this post or any of its responses.
Back from a long retirement

Heh, I don't think you have seen how fast tracking mobs can track/move/track/move/attack, I've yet to see lag on any npc for skills.
Though some of them I think run on the same basic script as spiked/razor gear, a random draw if they try something.

And 7DV, I just, today, saw a carru bash/stand/bash in about 6 seconds time.

And the no lag affects more then combat code, you should see how fast one can move a wagon with a npc pilot.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"Heh, I don't think you have seen how fast tracking mobs can track/move/track/move/attack.
Big Homie, I've been playing for four years, and I have never played anything other than combative characters. Believe me, I know how fast they move, and I still say there is some lag there. Maybe not as much as you'd like, but there is a brief amount of lag.

As far as the carru go, I know how they bash. And I still say, slow the bash down a tad, kill normal attacks, and you suddenly have a very unique, violent, dangerous but semi-balanced animal.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870