The new waterseller

Started by thirsty, February 10, 2004, 08:55:40 PM

How do you buy water from the new waterseller on tradesman's street?

I believe it triggers on the fill command. You need to have the coins and the empty water container in your inventory.

Been a while since I've gotten a drink from a waterseller (I've never ever done it on a regular basis, I think a total of 5 times ever). But I'm pretty sure the command is "fill waterskin barrel" OR "offer waterskin <waterseller keyword>" if that doesn't work try "offer waterskin barrel" or "fill waterskin <waterseller keyword>"

A success is when it either works or the waterseller tells you you don't have enough coin ;)

I tried all of those, and none of them worked.

If your in-game and trying all these commands, wish up while in the room of the waterseller. An Imm will be able to work it out easier while in-game (I imagine they can look at the water-seller's code to see what triggers it or just try and fail ;)). An Imm might not be able to do it for you, so you might want to wait here to see if anyone knows for sure.

If worse things come to worse, try: give waterskin waterseller.
uppers.

I was thinking of posting myself, but afraid it might be some sort of IC secret or something.

I've tried "offer" she tells you what it would cost.

I've tried "give" and the bitch kept my waterskin.  :P

I've tried "fill" and it tells me that I don't see that container here.

I've tried even tried "tailor" thinking she might be running on the same script as tailors, because of the way she reacts to offer, but no dice.

I've tried "list" and she tells me what she has to sell.

I've tried "barter" but I don't have a deal with her right now.

I've tried "buy" but then it tells me the other merchant in the room doesn't have anything like that, and ignores the waterseller. (On a related note, it doesn't seem posible to "list" for the other merchant anymore.)

Sigh.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yep I tried allllll those things.  It does not work.

Wish up in game for assistance.

I believe it was broken and Ashyom has corrected the problem. If it is not fixed please let us know.
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

You also have to use the entire sdesc - 'pure water', as opposed to just 'water'.  Nidhogg has someone looking at that to see if it can be tweaked to make it easier to use.
Ashyom

So, what is the proper syntax for it?
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

fill skin grey water

It works now.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Yes, many watersellers now require you to specify what liquid you are buying, and some watersellers might sell multiple liquid types.  "list" will tell you your options.

Quote from: "Raesanos"Yes, many watersellers now require you to specify what liquid you are buying, and some watersellers might sell multiple liquid types.  "list" will tell you your options.
Wow, thanks for that. I didn't know that change had been imp'd :)