Elven Ranger

Started by Tamarin, February 09, 2004, 12:36:46 PM

Yeah, when desert elves move into a city, their kids grow up to be city elves.  That's where city elves came from in the first place.  Presumably if city elves moved back into the wilderness, their children would grow up to be desert elves.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I like that idea. Why should only elves be the ones split up into city and desert races? Human rangers could easily be coded to come from desert backgrounds only and have appropriate subclasses based on that background (ie, non city subguilds and experiences).

So you are a desert ranger and a street acrobat as well eh? How'd the heck -that- happen?

That brings up another point, how do city background'd people get all those nifty desert survival skills?

Just a thought.

So disable assassin/burglar/pickpocket-nomad
ranger - acrobat/house servant...................

Yeah, these only came up to my mind that quick.

And it would be funny to have templar/house servant or noble/house servant also.

[/derailment]
some of my posts are serious stuff

At one point in the game city and desert elves were the same, but there was too much abuse of the desert elves so they were moved into the Karma catagory and city elves without the running ability were created, in order to not close down elves to newbies.  Personnally I think there should only be one elf option, and if they are worried about abuse, make elves in gerneral 1 karma the same as desert elves, as I think newbie playing elves is generally not a good thing as they are tough to play.

I can't tell you exactly what happened and the exact reasoning, but There was once only one type of elf, and they could all run.

Anyway my opinion...
Vettrock

I don't think people are taking into account that just based on the fact that they are city elves they get extra bonuses.  Just based on the fact they are desert elves they get extra bonuses.

True, I didn't really consider that city elves get bonuses.  I've never played a city elf myself, only a desert elf, and they do come with some bonuses.
Vettrock

City Elves get ***bonuses***.
Desert Elves get ***bonuses***.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one