Re:the ask the staff about mailing system

Started by Bestatte, February 03, 2004, 04:37:32 PM

Torax, you can (or should be able) to do that already. No need for the game to implement a whole new auto-send system when your e-mail system already has it.

Simply click on the option in your e-mail program for "return receipt" and then click on the other option that allows another auto-note to be sent when the e-mail was actually opened.

I don't know if hotmail allows it, or yahoo, but the e-mail program built in to the Netscape web browser does. I'm almost positive that MSOutlook does, as well.

If I -really- needed to send something important enough worth filling my mailbox with return receipts, that's what I'd do. I hate them though so I rarely use the option.

Quote from: "Bestatte"I'm almost positive that MSOutlook does, as well.

Just confirming that yes, Outlook can do receipts

Ahh, cool thanks. I've never used Outlook nor the other email servers other than Hotmail for the simple reason I found hotmail easier lol. But thanks for the help and I'll check into doing that from now on.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Quote from: "Nadav"
Quote from: "Bestatte"I'm almost positive that MSOutlook does, as well.

Just confirming that yes, Outlook can do receipts

How? I'm a big fan of Outlook and this sounds like a good thing to know.

Tools->Options->Receipts, Outlook Express.
Tools->Options->Email Options->Tracking, Outlook.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Both Eudora and Lotus Mail have the same features, for anyone who has those old dinasaurs.

:)

I thought that function only worked if you were on the same network (i.e. coworkers, etc.).
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Return receipt works regardless, but yeah with lotus and eudora maybe the "receiver has opened his e-mail" note might need to be on the same network.