Point luirs_outpost

Started by drunkendwarf, January 30, 2004, 06:25:46 AM

So what DOES happen these days if you try to start in Luir's?
Is Ten'Sarak ever going to be a place to start now?

Your surroundings change as you point to the map on the wall.
The Storm's End Inn
A glossy-black mantis is standing here.
A glossy-black mantis has arrived from the south.
A glossy-black mantis has arrived from the east.
A glossy-black mantis brutally pinches your neck.
A glossy-black mantis brutally pinches your head.
Welcome to Armageddon!

A voice booms: "Just this once..."

Rinse and repeat.

8)

Heee! ROFL!  :P
he last thing in the world I want to do is to hurt you...
but it's still on the list.

Another post for the forum "Odd Urges":

Create a elven mantis-hunter with starting point Luirs Outpost...
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

I think its time to retake Luirs.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

uberjazz wrote:
QuoteI think its time to retake Luirs.

It's only been four years since it was taken.  I would expect it to take a bit longer than just that small amount of time for the parties involved to rebuild and increase the size of their forces.  Training takes time, as does gaining the resources neccessary to go through with such an action, especially with a force that needs to be larger than even before the outpost fell.  I'm in no hurry to see Luirs retaken, as it seems like Ten Sarak is working out just fine.

Teleri..You are wrong...There is one force in the known world who can defeat these mantii...His dance will hypnotize them, his smooth talking ability could get them to agree to bow down before Muk Utep himself..Who is this superhuman person with insane magik powers....

MANSA
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

What makes you all think that the kuraci are the only ones who would be interested in taking Luirs? It is a pretty strategic point in the whole of the gameworld. To say that the North or South arn't interested, or to ignore that altogether would be foolish. I think that Luirs Outpost should be seen as 'up for grabs' if you will. I wouldn't be surprised to see armies from both north and south converging on the outpost, catching the mantis between and then clashing when they come together themselves.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

You may all want. Please, want. I'm asking you to want, pretty please with sugar on it.

And then I will laugh, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! While I sip my spice ale at the bar, with Raul the Mantis fanning me with pymlithe tree fronds and feeding me sliced kalan fruits (skinned of course).

Hrm... That would make a pretty interesting HRPT. Retake of Luirs and you find like the gepsies, north, south and the kuraci all trying to retake Luirs and then have one awsomely huge war happen with all of them and then the only thing left standing is my character claiming Luirs for himself.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

We all know Kurac won't get it. How many times have they lost Luir's now? They're obviously not very good militaristically. I reckon Steinal's army will get it back. BOOYA for ghosts.

Nak should take luirs, and extend the walls around there to create the GAA....the Greater Allanaki Area.

Allanak should just take Luirs and Tuluk. I'm pretty sure that Tuluk couldn't hold its city in militia against Allanak's magickers, militia, and the T'zai Byn.
sirihish:

The Byn is neutral.

Quote from: "Dan"The Byn is neutral.

They go where the money is, and Tek prints the money.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Uhhhh...

Answers this time, anyone? :}

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Quote from: "Dan"The Byn is neutral.

They go where the money is, and Tek prints the money.

AC

Thats what I'm saying... I wouldnt have any doubts that if Allanak paid the Byn just another bit more of what the Kuraci paid them to help guard Luirs, I'm sure the T'zai Byn would go fuck some mantis up and hand the city to Allanak. :twisted:
sirihish:

That is exactly what I meant by neutral...

Quote from: "drunkendwarf"Uhhhh...

Answers this time, anyone? :}
I would suspect that nothing happens. I doubt anyone really knows, truely. An Immortal would be prime to answer this question.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Hmmm, these give me some nice ideas for a next character of mine, thanks guys!!!  :lol:
uppers.

Starting locations generally have some reason to them, like raised there, grew up there. . Ect.  No one has grown up in Ten Sarak.  Infact it would be a stretch to say anyone is even growing up there now.  It's not the sort of place for children.  And if you're just picking a starting local for the hell of it, you're probably better off picking nak or tuluk and just walking there.

Quote from: "UnderSeven"Starting locations generally have some reason to them, like raised there, grew up there. . Ect.  No one has grown up in Ten Sarak.

Well, I disagree here.  I don't think I'm the only person who has had a background stating that they grew up in one place but ended up someplace else.  Or even that they were lost and ended up somewhere, that somewhere being their new starting location.

Otherwise every mul would either have to start in Allanak and Tuluk.

I could see someone whose background stated they got separated from a caravan, or lost out in the sands and ending up there.

QuoteInfact it would be a stretch to say anyone is even growing up there now.  It's not the sort of place for children.  And if you're just picking a starting local for the hell of it, you're probably better off picking nak or tuluk and just walking there.

I'd agree here, after my very short time in Ten'Sarak.

Quote from: "CRW"I could see someone whose background stated they got separated from a caravan, or lost out in the sands and ending up there.

Yep.  You grew up in Luir's as the son/daughter of a merchant, and were wisked off to Ten'Sarak after the invasion happened.  Completely plausible.

QuotePossible Hometown Choices: (point to one of the following)
-------------------------
Allanak,
Labyrinth,
Tuluk,
Luir's Outpost,
Red Storm Village,

> point luirs
That city is not available.
This is what happens.  Starting in Luir's Outpost isn't a current option.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Quote from: "__Torax__"Hrm... That would make a pretty interesting HRPT.

The Americans and Russians charging into Germany to gobble up as much land as they can...

Nak and 'Luk charging into Luirs, the Nakkis take half of the outpost only to realize that a short distance away isn't the Mantis Horde, but a horde of those foul, stinking, art-loving Tulukis with their scented woods, aromatherapy, and their latest fashions from Gap Tuluk.  :P

Run away! Run away!