Of riding beasts

Started by SailorMars, January 29, 2004, 01:37:12 PM

I've been wondering lately about the common practices of riding beasts.

So we've got giant bugs and lizards and beetles to run around on. Do we use saddles? I often see the emoting of using 'reins', so that suggests a bit and bridle concept. When you 'pack' a mount, how is that happening? Like I've got a backpack and lash it down to a kank, what goes on there?

Thanks. I'm trying to visualize...
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I rp using saddles and saddlebags as well.

Shrugs, roleplay sinching your pack to the saddle, it works for me.

There are saddlebags in game.

As an RP prop, maybe we could also have saddles which can't actually hold anything more than a coin or two...
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

At one time there was saddles in game, and other forms of tack, but don't ask me when they went away or why, I was on leave at the time.

Me, I often don't bother with the rp of most items, simply because most of the riding animals probly have ample places to wedge  feet and such, and inix would probly be ridden much like elephants, a rope or strap that ya flip over the neck to hook your feet too and commands and maybe a club for non-half-giant riders to remind the inix they are there.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Depending on the character, I RP bareback (with a bit of rope across the mouth) or with saddles.

I want to ride a raptor.

And yes I would RP the saddle.

Make a halfling if ya wanna ride a raptor, Raptors are tiny.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Raptors are large in a sense. Less then 80 inches in height (6.6 feet), which is also subjective to how you determine height, and is this standing upright? etc. But it would be uncomfortable and hard for them to sustain a modest burden. A child's mount, or in the erdlu class perhaps.

And people DID ride bareback back in the day. Saddles are a luxury and not a nescessity. If you can barely afford food and water you won't go the extra mile for a saddle, or you may have one that had been passed down, etc.

And a saddle would be a bit different looking I imagine.