winged peeps

Started by jmordetsky, January 23, 2004, 10:25:01 PM

I'm seeing an influx of winged pcs and npcs

As non-IC as possible...whats the deal? Since when do any of the playable races have a genetic disposition toward having wings?
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Shrugs, anyone can have "wings" due to genetic mutations. Hell, go to Tuluk. What's up with those boys with tentacles hanging out their gooch?

Just adds a bit of flavor to their rp I suppose. Never had a winged critter myself, but I suppose it's acceptable.

I haven't noticed it myself.  Probably just another inane fad that's gone to Tuluk.
Back from a long retirement

Freaks.. A bunch of bunny hugging freaks up there anyway, Just come down south to our sidewalk killings of random peeps and bring them winged bastards, we'll kill them for the fun of it.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

Haha.  And I remember this actually happening.

think Krath, that guy has wings...

I saw one once, and I

Think Hmm.. could he fly if I threw him off the shield wall?

It's a lot like tails, horns and "freak" eyes.

One person decides to come up with an interesting character concept, maybe to stand out and cause some conflict, and once others see how interesting the character is - often because it is well-played, rather then because it is unique - attempt to mimic it, turning it into a trend.

The exception becomes common and the whole mystique and interest of such a unique character is lost, at least until the trend subsides and time has passed.

The same can be said for some of the more unique short description key-words and NPC production - people see interesting and, intentionally or unintentionally, gravitate towards mimicking it.

The originals always stand out, such as Bok and Tok (sp?), where as the clones are quickly forgotten.

Just as a side note, I'd make sure you e-mail the account prior to submitting a character with extreme mutations, such as wings or gills or a penis that requires an extra pant leg. A lot of stuff slides past to auth process and if it happens to be something unacceptable, the staff might remove it from the game which can be jarring for all involved.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Quote from: "jmordetsky"I'm seeing an influx of winged pcs and npcs

As non-IC as possible...whats the deal? Since when do any of the playable races have a genetic disposition toward having wings?

The first time I saw anything regarding a 'winged' PC in the game was through the use of emotes that the person use. A look revealed that it was just some back-slot item they were wearing that were fake wings. If you're not looking, that could be it.

QuoteThe originals always stand out, such as Bok and Tok (sp?), where as the clones are quickly forgotten.

Who the fuck is that?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Bok and Tok was a wonderfully run two-headed half giant.

Quote from: "Sanvean"Bok and Tok was a wonderfully run two-headed half giant.

Heh, did two people play him or one?
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

It's fun to play the mutants, but what bothers me is when mutants are made for sheer gimmicks.  Like if you play someone with some crazy mutation, we'll say wings, for the sheer sake of rping stretching them out and looking cool.  I mean really, if you're going to put something like that in, do it with a nice history and make it affect your char's personality in a way that only having mutant wings could do.  

I've seen a lot of gimmick mutants out there, and I just feel that person could just as easily been played by a normal pc.

I would think that that type of a character would have to be brought in as a "special character" submitted specifically under those guidelines with special abilities, i.e., flight.  But is this something that the game supports right now?  I don't know because my options and experience as a new player are limited.  It seems like that could be a really fantastic optional race to play if it could be implemented into the game later, slowly for more advanced players as though a mutation had been bred to repeat itself and create the race.  It could even bring up interesting flaws or quirks brought about by inbreeding.  I like that concept.  Really juicy RP possibilities. If they are "flightless wings"...Um...Ok, you have useless wings that you enjoy. I may not Personally be able to relate to the desire to role-play the mutated humanoid version of a Dodo bird, but hey...you Go baby!  Live large.  If that guy can have cobalt blue skin, and she can have pink albino-like bunny eyes with the pigmentation of an Aborigine...why not?  We're not in Kansas anymore...enjoy the RP.  A creative and intelligent person can make up a semi-reasonable explanation for practically anything.

Eeps...didn't log in before, that last "guest" reply was from me...Candi.   :lol: *ponders...I hope I don't regret giving my name out on that one*  I can't help being clumsy people...I'm the Lucille Ball of the RPG world.  I can't be helped.  *blushes*
he last thing in the world I want to do is to hurt you...
but it's still on the list.

Bok and Tok was run by one person.

I don't have trouble with mutations until people start writing in for special abilities after the fact, like being able to fly or see in the dark, etc. Something like that -needs- to be run past us first.

Be aware that mutations may draw unwanted attention from other characters.  I've seen 9 out of every 10 winged characters enslaved or having their wings chopped off - there's something about it that makes other players go unexpectedly nutty, and I've never been able to explain the phenomenon.

I like the NPC that I wrote quite some time ago, for Tuluk.

hmm.. I'd chop off someones wings and enslave them too :)
Whew..
Bok tells tok You bastard, we are going into the desert, And I can't go without you.

Tok says (To Bok) Save yourself!

On a complete side tangent has anyone ever played legacy of kain soul reaver when in the intro movie kain rips off Razeal's wings?

That was cool...If a templar did that...it would be cool to.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I can explain it all..Why there are Freaks, Mutants, ETC in the Northlands.

Us...Yes me included..Bunny hugging northlanders have a secret...We...Hold your breath....

INBREED

It was Muk Utep's plan from the beginning..Basically Muk is the Male form of our highlord and Utep is the female..Both were both twins to a Tribal Mom..Now, Utep had a naturally fast birthing process of 30 minutes after conceptions...Muk, seeing the great opportunity of this decided to "bone" his sister. Hence, giving us the sudden spurt of Mutants..Now, as for the other tribes and such. Muk, decided one he got done with his "o" face soo many times, he would become a pimp..So equip with his White hat with a red feather, Obsidian polished Cane, Gortok skinned boots, and an embriodered white Bahamet shelled cloak, he became to pimp his sister Utep...Thus causing the sudden Population Boom in Tuluk....Any questions?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

HAHAHA!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You're one fucked up dude, Krath.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Technically, inbreeding would make everyone look a lot alike and have similar genetic information. Tulukis would have to sleep around with everything (and I do mean everything) to get all those variations into their gene pools.
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

It's a kylori!  Kill it!

I think people have an urge to kill or normalize anything really inhumanly mutated.  Like people with 6 limbs, sure, Globbuluk seems to do ok, but I bet if he were a PC someone would have taken a hacksaw to him by now.

Wings have the added suggestion of power.  If it can fly, it has a power that other humanoids do not, a power that could be turned to ill purposes.  Plus the jealousy.  A tail, weird eyes, or an unusual skin color are still unsettling, but they don't have the scent of power on them.  Though I did hear of a Templar killing a guy just for having eyes that glowed, but glowing eyes is asking for trouble.  :P  I'm surprised more folks with tails don't get their tails cut off, I mean that's something you expect thier parents would have taken care of a long time ago.  Maiming and killing to make things normal is a basic human urge.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Having wings as a humanoid doesn't mean you can fly, in fact I don't see how you could fly unless you were only 3 feet tall, had hollow bones and an otherwise severely frail figure -- and even then it might be an impossibility due to overall mass -- at which point you would no longer be human at all.

If I had a winged PC that could fly, I would roam over the streets of Allanak and drop 'presents' on all the nobles and templars.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]