Interracial Sex

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2004, 02:40:22 PM

I'd really be interested in your opinions on this.

Under normal circumstances, among the races open to players (humans, elves, dwarves, half-elves, half-giants, muls), what kind of sexual pairings between different races would occur?    And by "normal circumstances" I don't mean breeding of slaves and I don't mean rape.  I mean two individuals of different races willingly getting it on (with or without money changing hands).

In some cases I imagine it's anatomically impossible or close to it, and in other cases I imagine there would be other non-physical characteristics that would make it very unlikely or virtually impossible.

So what is it?  Which pairs happen and which don't?

The typical pairings would be elf/human and half-elf/human. Sometimes, you might note the pairing of a half-elf/elf, but this is abnormal. One that is common is mul/human and more rarely mul/dwarf.

Dwarf/human is very rare and out of the guidelines for that race. Dwarves hate hair. A bald human might make it, but still...they are so skinny and unfit the majority of the time. Adding to this the unlikely chance of conception and most sane humans or dwarves would never seriously consider that.

Muls are not so large that they are implausable in a relationship with another humanoid. So that allows them choices of human or dwarven companionship, though a dwarf or a human would typically have an aversion to such a mating. However, it is not close to impossible.

Recapping:

human/elven
human/half-elven
elven/half-elven
mul/human
mul/dwarf

These would be the most common pairings...typically, these would not be pairings that would draw mind-boggling attention. Any other pairing would typically draw a circus.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I'd like to add that the social ramifications come into play also.  The only races that really have much of a social chance are half-elf/human or elf and this is really only if the half-elf can pass for whatever race they're tring to pair with.  Most half elves are pretty much screwed as far as finding anyone other than another half elf and even then it's slim pickings.  Inter-racial relationships are generally, not well reguarded in my opinion.

Not well regarded, but then, who is gonna care if a dwarf and mul are going at it?

Otherwise 7DV summed it up well.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I disagree.  A half-elf having sex with a human or elf would be common enough.  Just because you don't respect somebody, doesn't mean you aren't willing to fuck them.

Gith, mantis, and halflings probably don't naturally mate with anything outside of their own race.  Mantis aren't even mammals, and probably get no pleasure out of sex.  Halflings, aside from being too small, have a culture that's too foreign to make interbreeding realistic.  I've wondered if a gith raider might decide to have his way with one of those lusciously unscaly elves after beating her down in a succesful raid.  I think it could happen!

Dwarves have a cultural stigma against mating with any non-dwarf.  So much while even though its possible for a male dwarf and a female human to produce a mul, this has never happened outside the bonds of slavery.  I really can't imagine that they'd be interested in half-elves or elves, races even more hideously tall and skinny, hairy beyond reconciliation, and equally blasphemous in their lack of focus.

Muls are not very comfortable with elves, and any mutual attraction would be rare enough to be gawked at.  There isn't any information about muls and half-elves, so I suppose it would depend on how much the half-breed resembles a elf or human.  I'd imagine that they could be attracted to either dwarves or humans, but this would only be prevelant in a bond-mate situation, where the mul is allowed to use a designated slave for sex.  A free mul is property waiting to be claimed, and few would feel attracted to them.  On the other hand, a free mul of either sex is more than capable of raping anybody that they can catch while not under the scrutiny of the law.

Size comes into issue with a half-giant.  If having sex with a free mul is intimidating, then having sex with a half-giant is a disastrous proposition.  Convincing them to get into the sack with you is the easy part.  Surviving the ordeal quite simply defies physics.  Therefore, a half-giant isn't likely to have sex with a non half-giant.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"I disagree.  A half-elf having sex with a human or elf would be common enough.  Just because you don't respect somebody, doesn't mean you aren't willing to fuck them.
Agreed. Still, social stigma certianly plays into it.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"I've wondered if a gith raider might decide to have his way with one of those lusciously unscaly elves after beating her down in a succesful raid.  I think it could happen!
Agreed. It probably has happened a number of times. What I wonder is if it is possible for that elf to have a child as a result, and further, what would one of these children look like.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"Dwarves have a cultural stigma against mating with any non-dwarf.
Generally agreed. However, where is the documentation which states this. And, does it truely apply to other races, or only races with hair? Muls have no hair.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"Muls are not very comfortable with elves, and any mutual attraction would be rare enough to be gawked at.
Agreed. I'd place half-elves into the same mix as humans in this regard, and in fact, they might be able to relate to the mul and visa-versa. After all, the racial docs for a half-elf state that they suffer from the same feelings as mul, though to a lesser degree.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"A free mul is property waiting to be claimed, and few would feel attracted to them.  On the other hand, a free mul of either sex is more than capable of raping anybody that they can catch while not under the scrutiny of the law.
Agreed generally on both points. However, a free mul and an outlaw female do not strike me as something extremely abnormal. After all, it's not like you have to worry about offspring, and a mul is easily capable of being durable in bed.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"Size comes into issue with a half-giant...Convincing them to get into the sack with you is the easy part.  Surviving the ordeal quite simply defies physics.  Therefore, a half-giant isn't likely to have sex with a non half-giant.
Agreed.

I was refering more to the stigma really, I guess I didn't make ymself clear.

About Gith, I don't know that I can agree.  One's a lizard, one isn't.  But even if they did do it, and I suppose it COULD happen, I think the races are far to different for any offspring to result.. without magickal help.

Can't get to docs from work, but don't they say something to the effect that Gith are just an offshoot of elves?
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Gith are a race of hunched-over humanoids which are apparently descended from elves. Any such genetic branching assuredly occurred sometime in the very distant past, for there are few similarities between them save their long-limbed frame and great height.

From the docs.  I still believe they maybe too far appart to create living off spring without magickal help.

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Generally agreed. However, where is the documentation which states this. And, does it truely apply to other races, or only races with hair? Muls have no hair.

I've looked in all the information on dwarves and muls that I can find, but I can't find the information that I remember reading.  As I recall, there are no records of any natural muls produced by a free human and dwarf.  If dwarves and humans are averse to sexual relationships, then it seems logical to conclude that dwarves and elves/half-elves share the same feeling.  The bit about hair was something that I made up, since I have taken time to wonder why dwarves aren't attracted to other races, aside from, of course, the more obvious physical differences.

However, I think that the main reason for this is that dwarves have focuses and the other races don't.  The sheer alienness that this represents could easily prevent any strong emotional bonds for forming.  Take time to think about it.  To a dwarf, a focus isn't just a fact of their lives, but a fact of the universe.  When dwarves grow up, they assume that everybody has a focus, even members of other races.  To them, a focus is just as important of a factor defining the human nature as sentient thought is.  Or emotions like love, hate, determination, preseverance.  Only an insect could lack a focus.  Maybe insects DO have foci, just on simpler levels than the sentient races.  Telling a dwarf that you don't have a focus is like telling them that you don't breathe.

Now take a look at it from the point of view of the other races.  Dwarves can't be called stubborn, because when compared to them, stubborn becomes a totally inadequate method of description.  They are beyond stubborn.  They are unswayable.  Nothing short of year after year of torture and imprisonment will cause a dwarf to even consider changing her mind.  You probably can't even convince a dwarf to stop and argue with you.  If a dwarf decided she needed to go to Tuluk, then the only way you could argue with her is to follow her all the way, and hope that they decide that they can spare the energy to communicate with you.  If you've been friends with the dwarf for your entire life, and you stood in her way, then she'd get past you regardless of what was necessary to do so.  If you tried to restrain her, she'd kill you without blinking.  The only way to be a dwarf's friend is to help them complete their focus.  Once you stop helping them, you stop being their friend.  Even worse, dwarves not only never give up on their focus, their entire view of the world is colored by their focus.  Whenever they meet somebody, they will think long and hard about whether or not that person is likely to help them, or hinder them.  They are unlikely to come to any conclusion save that you are either a friend, or an enemy.  Because nothing happens by chance.  If a dwarf meets somebody, it obviously has something to do with their focus, because they believe the world revolves around their focus.  Perhaps now people can understand the inherent difficulties of forming an emotional bond between a dwarf and a member of another race.

Quote from: "UnderSeven"About Gith, I don't know that I can agree.  One's a lizard, one isn't.  But even if they did do it, and I suppose it COULD happen, I think the races are far to different for any offspring to result.. without magickal help.

I'm not sure that gith are lizards.  If they were, then they'd reproduce by egg, making them completely incompatible with any sapient mammal.  However, just because they are scaly doesn't mean they are not mammals.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"
Dwarves have a cultural stigma against mating with any non-dwarf.  So much while even though its possible for a male dwarf and a female human to produce a mul, this has never happened outside the bonds of slavery.  I really can't imagine that they'd be interested in half-elves or elves, races even more hideously tall and skinny, hairy beyond reconciliation, and equally blasphemous in their lack of focus.

I agree that likely dwarves would not want to mate with skinny bone bags. Is this in the Docs somewhere officially? I think there would be a large issue of physical compatibilty as well..

I mean of course not with humans since the whole death from childbirth and death from creating illegal Muls. But other than that :P

It stated in the helpfile that Gith were believed to be decened from elves and/or reptiles.  And they certainly look like reptiles.  But anyway, the helpfiles doesn't give a certainty either or, but I believe that gith either can't have offspring with elves, or other races for that matter (with magick help) or there is a damned good reason they don't try.

I agree that it's unlikely that a gith would produce offspring with another race.  I'm not talking about making babies, just sex.

Quote from: "Anonymous"And by "normal circumstances" I don't mean breeding of slaves and I don't mean rape.  I mean two individuals of different races willingly getting it on (with or without money changing hands).

With money changing hands, I would personally see it as "anything goes".  Most people would stick to their own race, but there are always people who want a little variety.  Generally interracial sex would be almost exclusive to prostitution or rape.  

Without money changing hands I would see a lot less mingling of races.  If a human had a fling with an elf they would be doing it because it's shocking, not in spite of that fact. Long-term relationships or lifetime bondings would be rare with the possible exception of human/halfelf elf/halfelf, and even then, it would not be too common (If a halfelf is able to pass as either elven or human, their chances of getting together with that race increase).

In this case it really depends on whether their friends/family/neighbors/coworkers are likely to find out.  If it's a clandestine thing, it's more doable than if there's a likelihood that all the other House employees will be spreading it as gossip tomorrow.  Also, I think that people who are outcast from society are more likely to ignore social mores and cross race boundaries.  A gemmer or a mutant, for example, might be happy with any piece of ass they could get.

Oh, and I agree with ERS that half-giants are a special case.  I just can't see how the logistics would work there.  They'd have to keep to their own.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

...and pleasure slaves.  I just thought I would add that to crymerci's post on when interracial copulation would happen.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Right...but...

Would that be known?  I mean, would Lord Hoitytoity boast of having elven and mul pleasure slaves?  On one hand it's exotic and unusual.  But on the other it's just plain nasty, and it might make Lady Uppitybitch not want to socialize with him at the Traders.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Muls are sterile crossbreeds of dwarves and men,

Hmm... Seems.. very pleasureable to me.. I guess  :roll:
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

You guys put WAY too much thought into discussions like these.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I find such discussions stimulating to the brain, causing me to further understand nuances of the game. I wish folks would post more topics like these, dealing with issues involving the world and such.

The various PC races have slightly different body chemistry and likely different pheremones.  When a cat is in heat male cats from blocks around will home in on her, ditto for dogs when a dog is in heat.  But a cat in heat never attracts dogs, and a dog in heat never attracts cats.  

The humanoid races are closer to eachother than dogs and cats, but perhaps different enough that their pheremones have a reduced effect on eachother, or no effect at all.  Pheremones are only part of attraction, despite what those folks trying to sell synthetic pheremones may have told you about their brew making you irrisistable.   Still they are a part of the chemistry, even in relatively nose-blind races like humans.  Those pheremones being a little different in other humanoid races might render them ineffective, or they might be detectable but strange or unplesant, causing the races to unconciously reject eachother.

That still isn't 100%.  There are people into beastiality who are attracted to dogs or sheep, despite the significantly different pheremones and physiology.  But incompatable pheremones could be part of the explanation for most people (the non-perverts) not usually being attracted to other humanoid races.

As I've mentioned before, humans and elves must be the same species, although they may be different subspecies.  Since they are the same species their pheremones are probably compatable.  Dwaves and humans are not the same species, so perhaps their pherermones are not compatable, and this contributes to voluntary dwarf/human pairings being almost unheard of.  The other races?  Who knows?

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I do remember a post with the story about the half-giant taking the human, and taking care of a little -business-...

Anyways,
I had a dwarf character that had this human fall in love with him, used to always rub his bald head, they were in a house, and were probably going to have a kid, his focus was fine with it, but reading in the earlier posts, I guess it wasn't.
uppers.

I don't see anything wrong with a dwarf and human having love for each other.  Now sexual feelings might be a little farther fetched and the wanting to have children. . Well. . Muls suck to have.  

Still, situations should be taken case by case in most instances.  I suppose being 'in love' can create a great deal of niavety (or however it's spelled) thus resulting in saying things you don't mean.

The ditzy blond human woman says to the blocky male dwarf, "I wanna have your kids."

The blocky male dwarf replies, "Better be twins then, cause you ain't gonna survive the first!"

Quote from: "Slaves and Slavery"Muls are the only race born and bred as slaves. While it is certain that muls can be produced through a willing relationship between dwarves and humans, there is no record of such happening, due to the extreme cultural differences between the two races.

I've found it!

Armageddon website --> General Information --> Slaves and slavery --> Slave races --> Paragraph on muls.

Alright, since throughout the entire known world there have been any records of a sexual relationship between a dwarf and a human, it can be assumed that such a partnership is completely implausible, or so rare that it might as well be.  In my earlier post I tried to explain my understanding of the cultural differences between dwarves and humans.  For the most part, I don't think dwarves and humans should be having sex, regardless of how randy you stubbies get.

Friendship, although it would suffer similar difficulties, seems perhaps slightly more plausible.