Tuluk

Started by Sanvean, January 19, 2004, 12:56:29 PM

It's leaner, meaner, etc....

Reactions? Bad? Good? Indifferent?

Indifferent.... NAK NAK NAK!!!
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I love the changes.  It's much easier to navigate now.  There are a couple places I found where the roads weren't hooked up correctly, but I bugged the ones I found.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Much more manageable.  Lazloth sits happy.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Same as JGG, bugging as I find em.

Though I did end up someplace I did not want to be saturday night, teach me to skip the motd.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

It is really nice, I enjoy it. It is a lot easier to get from point A to Point B. However, it was nice knowning how big we were ;-) Good work and Kudos to the IMMS. Keep it up.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I'm ecstatic.

Maybe it's just my point of view, but I'm really happy to think that a lot of recent major changes have been the result of player feedback.

It's encouraging to see.

Love the changes. Alot easier to navigate through the city, overall.

Job well done. =P

Everybody thank Myrdryn for eating the roads!
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

less rooms.. :(
Less I get to tair down when me and my brother tek take over the filthy skinny filled skinny town and knock shit over and blow the rest up :)
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

I'd just like to add that there's a derailment thread for those who have nothing constructive to say and wish to indulge in pointless Tuluk-bashing.

Myself, I'm not currently playing in Tuluk, but anything that shortens the roads will make it vastly less of an OOC annoyance to get around and enhance the experience for everyone who plays there, in my opinion.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Very nice.  Before travelling between certain places in Tuluk would take quite a long time.  Now travelling's much quicker and easier.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Very nice, thank you.  Love the change.  Much, much less of a hassle to get from Point A to Point Tooth.

Travelling is much nicer...though, getting trapped in the museum for a quarter hour until someone could help me out was annoying.  Thanks to the staff member who rescued me from that one.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I haven't been to Tuluk since the change, but I played there quite a bit before.  I have to say, I really really really enjoyed the size of Tuluk, for many reasons, despite the many ooc and ic complaints.  I admit that when I saw the notice on the update, I was heavily disappointed.

But... I can't be totally against it until I've seen it myself.

Quote from: "Cenghiz"Indifferent.... NAK NAK NAK!!!
You back?!? Welcome.

BTW, I think it'll be great. I know that the old Tuluk was just way too big. Good descision, staff.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Mansa's opinion will come in a weeks' time.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

How do we react to the new changes icly? I mean the will kind of notice if a road is half as long..
uppers.

RP it as nothing changed.  It is an OOC change.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Anyone have a better map made of Tuluk?  And is it ok to share if one does?  I'm not talking ultra secret IC spot info--just like where all the shops are or something similar.
Rick

THE NORTHLANDS  

G
             |==============G========|
             |      1SS11   G        |
     Grey    |SSSSSSSSSSSSSSG        |
    Forest   |S     S   |===G====|   |    Northeastern plains      
             |S     S   | Ruins- |   |
             |S     S   |Tuluk(2)|   |    
      NNNNNNNNNNNN3 S   |        |   *
      N      |S     S   |        |   |
      N      |SS6SSSS   |        |   |
      N      |S S   S   |========|   |
NNNNNNNN      |S S   S  9 10 G        |
             |SSSSSSSSSSSSSSG        |
             |  S  S        G        |    
             |  S  S   8    G        |
             |  7  SSSSSSSSSG        |
             |==S===========G========|
                5          4    

Legend: 1 - Freil's Rest, a trading village run by the Kadians. Contains
shops, stables, an inn, and the estates of Merchant Houses. 2 - The ruins of Tuluk. Highly dangerous. 3 - The Sun King's Sanctuary, an inn which contains provisions,
accomodations, spice, and other entertainment. Beside it is
a stable. New players start just outside of this inn. 4 - Silverwood, a privately-held estate. 5 - The Vineyard, which contains a number of buildings in addition to
its winery and fields. A Nenyuk bank is here, as well as a
mountseller, the Northlands Fletcher, a supply shop, the
Blue Chalice Gamehouse, and several other shops. 6 - Red Sun Commons, a broad field within the center of the city. 7 - Commoners' Quarter, the area of the city in which the vast majority
of the commoners reside. It is currently still under construction. 8 - Nobles' Quarter, where the nobility of Tuluk have their estates.
It is illegal for any but the nobility and their servants to be
within the walls of the quarter. 9 - The Arena, currently it is still under construction and is not
open to the public. 10 - The Templars' Quarter, where the Templarate of the city live and
where the city prisons are located. 11 - Tribal Market, numerous tribal shops and stands can be found here.

Notes:

The constant chaos of the Northlands has begun to give way to the
order required to rebuild not only a weakened economy, but the physical
city itself.
See also:

GEOGRAPHY, MAP, NORTHLANDS

Quote from: "ashjpd"How do we react to the new changes icly? I mean the will kind of notice if a road is half as long..

But it isn't half as long.. just you don't push the button as  much:)
everything that was there before is still there, but less room descs :)
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

The road isn't half as long, it was never that long to begin with. That is how you rp it. So the subject never comes up in the game. Ever.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Oh, got ya. I don't remember anyone saying it was an ooc change until now.. right?
uppers.

Any change of this magnitude is definately an OOC one. If IC events didn't lead up to a moving of every building, condensing the city... well, its just OOC heh.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Got ya  :wink:
uppers.

Loving the changes.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

In all honestly, before the changes Tuluk left me in a dazed state that just made me want to throw up, i dont know why, but every time i made a PC in Tuluk i instantly lost the desire to play the mud. Granted i have not given the area a fair shot, since when i did make a serious PC i got sick *rolls her eyes* Shorter roads is always a good thing anyway, but give me the old faithful 'rinth and Allanak thank you very much.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.