Fix account creation... you are losing potential players

Started by Akaramu, January 16, 2004, 07:16:31 AM

Quote from: "darksheep"Maybe microsoft is planning to start their own text mud and have blocked armageddon emails to prevent competition.

skills: Fatal error, crashing, rebooting
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

Quote from: "Lasakar"skills: Fatal error, crashing, rebooting

And every statistic, code segment and useful piece of information is concealed from the players. ;) And you're expected to change to a new mud client every six months.
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say." - Will Durant

I never have a problem with Yahoo. Hotmail...there are days when you can't even log onto a Microsoft website.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Been using yahoo since it opened with no real problems. Once this last fall I didn't receive the email from the account. Got pissed. After 24 hours tried anyway and got in. Wee! But since then it has been working fine. My mail from armageddon does not even get sent to bulkmail, and I didn;t change a thing on it. Oh yeah, hotmail sucks. I had some friends who would lose normal messages from each other.

I've had a hotmail account and a yahoo account of the past.... 6 years or so. Within the first year my yahoo was CONSTANTLY spammed. And I abandoned it just for a confirmation email or other such things.

My hotmail, stayed clear and untill recently really got little spam. Although after I changed my filter settings my arm emails got tossed in the junk mail, I made those domains safe and I've never lost anything since. And alhtough I'm getting alittle spam now, it's not yet too bad. And I'll probably readjust my filters for this new surge of different crap.

Anyways... My ISP email gets more spam crap then any of my web based. I haven't talked to my IP dude but it's really pissing me off. It tends to pull a good hundred spam emails every fucking day. It's bullshit.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Using HOTMAIL, you _can_ set certain domains as 'safe'.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Is there anyone receiving emails from the account, such as the weekly update, at a hotmail account?

If so, could you post your settings, i.e. what junkmail level and whether or not you have armageddon.org marked as a safe domain?

I have a hotmail account, & I do recieve all the weekly updates.

My junk mail settings are at 'Enhanced' and "@ginka.armageddon.org" is on my safelist.

I have a hotmail account that seems to recieve all Armageddon-related mail correctly with no changes to the settings, unless I just don't remember changing the settings.

Junk E-Mail Filter set to default.
No safe list entries.

My normal settings from way back received the emails from the ginka just fine. Then I started getting junkmail and changed my settings so I then had to safelist the domain. I get everything fine right now.

My spam filter settings is still at normal now. I just started catching and rooting out keywords.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I'm using the enhanced option.  weeklyupdate@ginka.armageddon.org is on my Mailing Lists list.  I have no problems getting anything.

Here are my Hotmail settings:

Junk filter: Enhanced

On safe list:  armageddon.org

This is slightly different from Delirium's settings, but work perfectly well for me.

Hmm, that's odd.  My settings:

Junk Email Filter: Default
Safe List: @armageddon.org and @ginka.armageddon.org

...and I'm still not getting those automated emails.
Silly Hotmail.  :roll:
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say." - Will Durant

We've found that with newly created Hotmial accounts, you will not be able to receive emails from armageddon.org, regardless of the settings, unless you have emailed at least once with the account.

So you have to SEND an email to the MUD account and everything if you want to receive emails?

Ouch... Good thing I don't plan on getting a new email account.

Creeper thinks it WOULD be funny to just send emails to all the staff just to make sure you can recieve emails from them.
21sters Unite!

Sorry Sanvean - does that mean to mud@armageddon.org, or mud@ginka.armageddon.org?

Because I could have sworn that I'd mailed them both and things still weren't getting through...though I may be mistaken.

It means you have to actually -use- your hotmail account, and not just open it up, in ordered to receive e-mails on it. You don't have to send e-mail to mud, you just have to send e-mail. That activates the account.

If anyone needs help with this feel free to AIM me: TheGreenMofo, I can explain how to make it work.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Hmm.. If'n you ump to, I can pass on the email to anyun. :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Quote from: "Bestatte"It means you have to actually -use- your hotmail account, and not just open it up, in ordered to receive e-mails on it. You don't have to send e-mail to mud, you just have to send e-mail. That activates the account.

Aha, gotcha.  Thanks.  *kicks his Hotmail account*