Pushing

Started by growingall, January 09, 2004, 08:48:47 AM

I have found out that in another mud, it is possible to be totally evil to a trusting other character.

If he is 'following' you, one can walk to a sheer drop ..  talking a little about that babywolf down there, if he is stupid? enough to emote looking over the edge.. you can emote pushing him..

Type 'stand w' and he falls to his death.

Then you walk around the safe way and collect your booty.

Is this possible in Arms, I mean you'd have to 'subdue' an opponent first or something I suspect. And that is an whole other business then a quick push on your friends/victims tush..

:oops:

It IS evil, but correctly emoted by an evil char I do not feel it is twinkish.

Fun is what we are here for..

You would need to subdue the person first.  Once you have someone subdued, you can throw them in a direction.  You probably want to throw them in the direction of the edge of the cliff.  If the cliff was north of you, you would subdue the person and then 'throw <person> north'.  Granted, this won't guarantee that they'll die, but there is a good chance that they will.

-Myrdryn
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Follow does not imply mindlessly walking after you to whatever doom you want.  I honestly think this would be highly cheesy and simply result in nobody using the follow command anymore and instead just typing directional commands after you.

Quote from: "CRW"Follow does not imply mindlessly walking after you to whatever doom you want.  I honestly think this would be highly cheesy and simply result in nobody using the follow command anymore and instead just typing directional commands after you.

In this case I don't think it would be cheesy,  your following a guy along the edge of the cliff.  You know he is taking you along the edge of the cliff!  He suddenly grabs you and spins you over the edge (subdue and throw).

Now if it was you just spamming the movement key, then spamming subdue and throwing him, I'd say it was cheesy.

No, I'm not saying 'subdue and throw' is cheesy.  The idea that you can trick someone into walking off of a cliff is.

Quote from: "growingall"If he is 'following' you, one can walk to a sheer drop .. talking a little about that babywolf down there, if he is stupid? enough to emote looking over the edge.. you can emote pushing him..

Type 'stand w' and he falls to his death.

At least subdue/throw involves a coded skill check.