Best of 2003

Started by Sanvean, January 05, 2004, 12:11:13 PM

I'm putting together a best of 2003 entry for our livejournal. What needs to be mentioned? What code, world, website or whatever changes went in that you think were notable? Were any RPTs particularly worth remembering? If you're worried that something is too IC, feel free to PM it to me and I'll adjust it as seems best to me.

Not that I've been here long, but it seems to me we had a huge amount of "families" this year.  Add to this many gdb discussions on babies, relationships, and child pcs.  Code wise, babies went out the window and now there are even docs to help with pregancy.

Here's to the "population" influx this year.  :lol:
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Obviously the recent HRPT from back in Oct/Nov is worth mentioning, and was awesome from my point of view, even if all my PC did was sit and watch.

It may seem small, but having the 'across back' slot added really tickled me to no end.

I think the fiasco with a certain Nenyuki family member was pretty cool.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

The environmental echos tickle me to no end.  The really give the areas that should be bustling with activity a busy feeling, even when there are no PCs around.  I love that the world doesn't lay there waiting for me to do something, it makes me feel small and insignificant, I like that my dirty commoner PC isn't one of the most important people in the world.  :)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"I love that the world doesn't lay there waiting for me to do something, it makes me feel small and insignificant, I like that my dirty commoner PC isn't one of the most important people in the world.  :)
This part made me giggle...and I'll tell you why.  I know my character isn't...but it's so fun playing that he does think he is.

I vote for adding at least a mention to the hunt up in Tuluk where a particular white beastie was slain and the prize was that thing he wears on his head.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Just because it may be a first, I vote for an incident where a bahamet managed to get INSIDE the gates of Tuluk. After a huge battle, in which 4 NPCs and 1 PC were killed and countless others badly injured, the beast pulled into its shell. At which point the soldiers of Tuluk, unable to pry it out again, PICKED IT UP AND CARRIED IT AWAY FROM THE CITY.

I have never laughed so hard about being nearly killed in my entire life. I think this incident should go in the "Blooper" reel.  :lol: