Stuck in the arms of a soldier... starving. Bug?

Started by Anonymous, January 02, 2004, 06:38:00 PM

I'm stuck in the arms of a soldier who captured me since some 15 minutes, cant look at anything or eat (starving meanwhile) and of course I cant quit. The staff isnt responding, what to do?

There is a bug where that happens on occasion.  Simply wish up for help.  Don't worry too much, as it takes a LONG time to starve to death.  I have had characters go for days and weeks starving.  You are okay, just throw up a wish every five minutes politely asking for help.

Is it night? Because if it's pitch black soldiers usually stop walking and just stand there.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Yeah.. that sucks.. you know what.. try and flee.. and hopefully you have something to eat in your pack.. :) Or else your just going to not be able to move until morning.. when he finds you again..
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Once this happened to me, I was at the merchants gate in 'Nak and the soldier took me through the Nobles Quarters & all the sudden stopped, luckily it wasn't long cause I got caught for spice, the soldier released me once I served my time (I served it in his arms) then let me go, I scrambled to the nearest exit. I was so afraid a soldier was going to be like "Hey, your not suppose to be in the Nobles Quarters and cut me down, but I just opened the gate and walked right out, made me feel really weird.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

You didnt get an immortal response? That's kinda weird...I thought they were always on?

darksheep, Imm's do have lives besides sitting at there computer all day.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Actually, I looked in on you right after you wished up and about 30 seconds later you were thrown into a jail cell so I saw no need to intervene. Just because we don't do what you ask, doesn't mean we don't hear the question.

Mekeda

Sounds like somebody made a new friend.  :wink:
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Makeda, thank you... but that was my third wish, the first 2 times nothing happened, and the soldier stood there with me for like 15 minutes.... as I'm all new I was getting sorta scared I'd starve to a bug (I didnt realize it takes much longer to starve, either). Not blaming anyone, I was just sorta panicking after 15 minutes of being stuck. Thanks for the understanding.

Wow, I wasn't going to bother replying, but Mekeda just said she saw your wish and you say , "Oh that was my third wish," It's like what you require instant service?  Man don't be talking to Mekeda like that dwag, you know how much work them imms be putting into da mud? Shiiee-!  Ya be knowing yas didn't die, so what are ya complaining about?

I was NOT complaining, I was trying to explain WHY I was panicking and even bothered to submit the same wish three times in 15 minutes (usually I do once, and if its important for my RP retry some other time.)

I was panicking because I'm extremely new and didnt know a lot of things, and expected to starve to a bug within a few minutes. I had no idea that this happens sometimes, had no idea that starving takes much longer, and had no idea that the soldier would just continue walking after some time.

Please dont misunderstand my intention? I highly respect the staff. Thank you.

Guest, you were not expected to know all this stuff, because you're new. I mean hell I didn't realize you could get stuck subdued like that til I read your post in this thread and I've been here over a year.

To those who want to berate a newbie for being new, I refer you back to some threads about the whole "Find out IC" arguement.  And don't bother asking for a link, because I'll just tell you - FIND OUT WITH SEARCH.

<snort>

Sorry about your ordeal Guest - don't take what some of these folks say too personally. They don't know you from a hole in the wall and just like showing everyone how perfect they are. And they're just jealous because they'll never be as perfect as I.

I don't think anyone who is new to the game should be criticized for getting nervous because they are starving due to a bug.

When I first showed up here I didn't understand a thing about how the 'wish' command worked and when 'who' showed 0 immortals I thought I should use it every five minutes or so until someone showed up.

It also didn't seem like the guest was overreacting or demanding instant service.