Warrior
16 (17%)
Templar
4 (4.3%)
Magicky type
13 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: January 02, 2004, 05:13:22 PM

There are alot of different ways to play each set of skills, but, in general, what's your favorite guild?

Do you mean guild, as in class, or role?

Quote from: "Mr.Camel"Do you mean guild, as in class, or role?

It seems obvious that he means class, or set of skills as he puts it.  

I noticed I'm the only person that picked pickpockets.

Hard question to answer. I can't say I consistently enjoy a particular guild over another. Its just a skillset, and usually enjoyment of your time logged into Armageddon depends upon the role your character is filling in the world.

Well.. if there is one class I love.. it would have to be Ranger.. I love quitting out when I can't make it to a town.
Followed with Burglar and Pickpocket tied for second :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Hands down, my warriors are almost without exception the most fun to play.  A warrior can do anything and be anyone.  Nothing, in my mind, beats playing a warrior who manages to avoid life long contracts.  Few things are more enjoyable then interviewing with an organization, stepping into the sparring ring as a recruit, and pounding the piss out of your superior.  People always take a step back from such a character and totally reevaluate such characters realizing that they must have done something more then just sit around and scratch their asses to be so damned good. I love the ability to travel almost at will.  I love the fact that you can be good enough to fight, or at least run away from most bad situations.  I like that an independent warrior can just switch professions at whim, one day being a bounty hunter, the next a soldier, and a hunter after that.

I am not implying that others can not do the same, but honestly, no guild is better when it comes to playing the foul mouthed, violent, vulgar 'nakki then a warrior, and I love playing violent, foul mouthed, vulgar 'nakkies.  Best of all, you can start and feel a-okay about what you do from day one.  The life of a warrior is good.

At the moment warrior. Two reasons:

1) You have a real chance to survive some nasty attacks.

2) Have no Karma and don't know how are the interesting guilds.  :cry:
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

Quote from: "grog"It seems obvious that he means class, or set of skills as he puts it.  

I noticed I'm the only person that picked pickpockets.

Not to be picky or anything, but I'm not a guy.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "darksheep"
Not to be picky or anything, but I'm not a guy.  :mrgreen:

I was using he as gender neutral.  I can use it instead?  :D

Magicker.

From off the bat, it's like playing an entirely different game.You don't have many of the same worries that those stupid mundane characters do. Every one wants you to join your organization. You're actually worth something. Off the bat people don't really need to try and discern if you, as the player, are new or if you've been around for a while. You've got a much more unique set of abilities than anyone else and can grow to be damn powerful. And the emotes are fun as fucking hell too.

However, I think it was LoD who told me something that's very true: the karmaless guilds are the bread and butter of the game, and those are often the characters who are seen in the history docs or in charge of organizations.

Second to that, I'd have to say rangers. I like classes with a lot of versatility and ranger is just that. They lack the combat monstrosity that warriors become but anyone can be killed by any class.  If I could be a spell-slinging ranger, my life would be totally and utterly complete.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Can't pick a FAV, so I'll break it down into two groups:

1) Favorite non-magicker guild- Ranger
2) Favorite magicker guild- Rukkian

Ranger
+Branches awxome skills*
+Can quit out in the desert
-A wee bit weak when it comes down to strength

*= -Never live long enough to branch the shit =D

Then Warrior.

I picked Ranger, I'd have to say that warrior is a close second.
I don't know about magickers...hopefully I will get to try one sometime.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Before I became staff, I think I tended to slip easily into (or at least, thought I did, and enjoyed playing) leadership roles in clans.  It's easier to get into spots like that (I've found, usually) if you're a -human- -warrior-, and so, in a lot of ways, I prefer that guild.

That said, depending on what's going on for me in RL, other guilds are sometimes more playable.  The loner types are often a lot easier for people with low availability (being a leader demands a lot of time, at least if you want to be successful -- by successful, I mean being interesting, and contributing to the world, not just having lots of minions, or attaining your IC goals.  OOC success is often different from IC on Arm.)

To some extent, I'm wary of saying I have a favorite guild or race, since I think one of my favorite things about Arm is dying and finding something ELSE interesting, to do with my next character.

-- X

Any combat class.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I can't make up my mind.

I've enjoyed crafting cool stuff with a merchant or crafter, or beating the crap out of someone with a warrior. Rangers are awesome too, and magickers do have awesome abilities. I find myself often taking warrior roles, however. Yet I wouldn't call it a favorite.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

I like rangers, and burglars come in a close second.  

I've never tried a templar, or a merchant over a few hours, and I've never stuck with a magicker for long either.  (I've always thought a Whiran would be fun, though.)

Warriors don't do it for me at all.  I mean, what do you do with a warrior, besides spar?  It's like a jock-strap: I see its usefulness but it's not my kinda thing.

Assassins and pickpockets are ok, but a burglar is better than either of them, imo.

I'd love to special-app a mindbender someday.  Sorceror?  Eh.  Maybe.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

My favorate class would be either merchant cause they suck or any magic'r just cause I never played one.  Merchants are forced to roleplay cause they don't have many useful skills/combat skills.

I think Rangers are the most powerful combat class.  As one who in the past had branched out all the ranger skills, trust me you can't beat them (last one was many years ago though).  Combat starts with a 20 hp poisoned arrow in the gut so a warrior (or a group) charges him and becomes disorganized.  He's been outdoors getting dinged by creatures constantly so he's buff'r than you despite not having the parry(?) skill.  So you flee but between his ability to track you whereever you go and the poison, you are in trouble.  Add to that that they can see invis magic'rs! (and if they have a couple people to assist then kill!)  Seriously, locked doors and immortals are the only danger to a buff ranger.  But being outdoors (and usually therefore less involved with others) makes immortals think you are a twink, and eventually (even when super- powerful-npcs give you no trouble in combat) some monster will suddenly kill you in one hit in my experience (*cough* immortal *cough*).
Rick/Lerl

Hehe, "the only danger to a buff ranger" rhymes.

I also like rangers... merchants get boring after a while.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

I think that's a little too much info on the ranger guild for the GDB there Lerl. Okay, so rangers aren't a super sekrit karma class or anything, but still.

As for the "imms are eating my brainz!" style comment, if an Immortal really had killed you, you would have been notified. I've had a long-lived ranger die in the blink of an eye as well.. sometimes it just happens. The wilderness is unpredictable and the NPCs are vicious, that's about all there is to it.

Edit: And what's this crap about "merchants are forced to roleplay"? Just because a character is a combat character doesn't mean they're not roleplaying well, and just because a merchant is sitting on his ass sipping wine in a tavern doesn't mean he's roleplaying well. Roleplay is defined mainly by BEING IN CHARACTER, which means doing whatever is appropriate for your character based on your character's experiences, motives, and personality. Having a consistant character, yet allowing that character to grow slowly over time as they live their lives. That is the backbone and muscle of your character, and emoting is the flesh that illustrates your character and their environment to everyone else around you.

It hardly matters whether or not you're a merchant or a combat type.

I think Lerl meant that merchants can't exactly run around sparring, killing gith and saving damsels in distress, so they have to interact with other people more, and do more non-combative RP.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Assassin because there the city ranger, but ranger comes in at a good second.

Assassin -------------------------------------------------------------------l--
Ranger   -------------------------------------------------------------------l

-l represents finish line.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Warriors just edge out rangers, for me. Having a more or less completely combat-oriented skill set makes it a good challenge to play the character properly, balancing appropriate use of combat skills and emoting/talking everywhere else. One of the best things about playing a warrior is being able to rescue other PCs well. From a purely OOC point of view, it makes you feel good. I think ranger is the most flexible all-round guild, able to make it both in the desert and in the city (employed by those suckers in their silly, impractical clothes, ha!). ;)

Swordsman