First submission, first PC approved... hello!

Started by Akaramu, January 01, 2004, 07:44:03 PM

Just felt the urge to share that my very first attempt of requesting a character was approved... I'm quite happy and proud of myself. Hello Armageddon, I'm coming from Achaea (needed hardcore roleplay, Achaea doesnt eforce it enough) and I cant wait to get started... I would now, but its 1:40 AM  :P

YEAH! A person with common sense.. I never liked that place.. way too many channels and people saying hi.. that I am supposed to kill and whatnot.
Well..
Emote slowly dabs thier eyes with a reinforced sandcloth tissue.
say I love you.. I really do..
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

May you find your path quickly... and die.  :twisted:

Quote from: "Akaramu"Just felt the urge to share that my very first attempt of requesting a character was approved... I'm quite happy and proud of myself. Hello Armageddon, I'm coming from Achaea (needed hardcore roleplay, Achaea doesnt eforce it enough) and I cant wait to get started... I would now, but its 1:40 AM  :P

About 2 1/2 years ago I was in your exact shoes.  Coming from Achaea wanting more RP.  I was almost overwhelmed by Armageddon.

My advice: Start at either Tuluk or Allanak, not Red Storm or anywhere else.  If your first PC isn't a human, try it on your second one.

Most of all, don't get discouraged, make some friends ICly and have a ball learning the ropes.  There's a part of me that envies you because there's so many cool things to discover about this game.

If you want role-play you came to the right spot, seriously. :)
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Welcome on board!  Feel free to contact any one of the hlpers, or myself I guess - if you feel you need any help in acclimatizing yourself to the world and code.  It's a lot to handle at first.

-Dave
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

Hmmm... I made up my background around a start in Luir's, can I still chose Allanak instead? About to log on... I'm all excited. And scared. I bet some guard dog will eat me 5 minutes after login  :D

You could probably send an email to mud@ginka.armageddon.org to get a change to your background put in.  Otherwise, you could simply go off the premise that your character was born in Luir's but has been down in Allanak for a while.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Hmmm... is this normal? Extremely encumbered at starting location, dont know why, tried dropping some coin and cant pick it back up... heh, 2 minutes and I am already requesting help from the staff.

Enter game and your stats are rolled.  Point to some city.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I assume you mean the Hall of Kings, where you pick your starting city?  You haven't actually started yet, and if you check you'll see that all your attributes are set to  very poor.  Apparently very poor strength means that you can't carry shit.  :P  When you get to your starting city you're stats will be set, and will be much higher.  Unfortunately, it will be too late to pick up your coins then.  You could try wishing up about your problem.

If you were not in the hall of kings, but actually in an IC location, you must have gotten a really crappy strength roll.  You can try "reroll self" but beware!  It can make things worse, it can't be undone, and you can only do it once.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Is there a command to change the text colour? I'm using zmud, and the green text on dark background hurts my eyes

View > preferences > colors should do it.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Good luck with your first try 8)

Just enjoy your character and do not fear from death. Keep dying is an everday issue around here...  :)
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

How could I ever play something else...  :P

Just wait...

It gets better.

:twisted:

Enjoy.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.