Tuluk military

Started by amish overlord, January 01, 2004, 04:18:24 PM

I am curious how is tuluk military composed. Remember in the old days alot of the military were slaves and read on the webpage Winrotothl trained alot of slaves during the rebellion. Would some military still be slaves now? What races would be used for military by the city, if slaves i could see there being mul soldiers or would that be a big no.  Would such slaves rise in rank be a bit odd to see a mul slave out rank a free human soldider. Any thoughts or what the policy is?

Amish overlord 8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

You'll probably want to direct this sort of query to Ask the Staff or email, or deign to discover such in game.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

This is not IC sensitive information.  Check out the history page and others.  It's about as IC as saying spice is illegal in Allanak or the Tan Muark dwell in the Tablelands.

In Old Tuluk the Sun Legionaires were born into their caste; a slave of sorts.  After the Fall, however, Tuluk was no longer in a position to restrict others from enlisting in their ranks: they couldn't afford to be that picky -- they needed as many men (and women) as they could get.  So Tuluk shed their ancient custom and today have opened their ranks in the militia to any and all born of Tuluki blood.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the old ways, once Tuluk is stable enough to begin breeding soldiers, as they once did.  I liked the idea because it gave a clear separation between the way Tuluk runs their city and the way Allanak does.  In Allanak, if you get caught as a criminal, you might be able to bribe a soldier to let you out of jail with a pinch of illegal spice or a hefty pouch of obsidian.  In (Old) Tuluk this wouldn't happen because the soldiers, born to their cause, are brainwashed in the extreme.  They are 100% loyal and cannot betray (to the point that if you did it would be considered an OOC act).  Roles like this are a nice replacement to higher karma roles, in my opinion.  It's a simple warrior concept but it requires someone both trustworthy and knowledged of the role to play.