Subdue and Throw

Started by Anonymous, December 28, 2003, 03:04:05 AM

Quick question...
I know when you've got someone subdued, you can do a
'throw elf w', which tosses them a room west, and they wind up on
their ass.
Is there any way to just throw them onto their ass in the room you're in with them? I can't seem to find any sort of helpfile for this...

The release command lets them go in the current room, if that's what you're going for.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

As far as I know there isn't, but it would be nice to be able to do at some times, but there are plenty of more important things to do. You should maybe e-mail it to arm and ask them to add it to the millions of things to do. Only if it means that much to you though.
uppers.

If you're looking for a way to leave someone on their butt in the room you're in...you're looking for 'bash' usually.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I suppose you could throw them up so when they come back down they're sitting and hurt, but that would be code abuse.

Funny code abuse, but code abuse all the same.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

LOL!

The skinny, almond-eyed elf flys in from below.
The skinny, almond-eyed elf falls back down.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Would that be code abuse?

It sounds like a perfectly reasonable use of the throw command to simulate the effect desired to me.

The goal is to have the target land thump pretty roughly at your feet.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

The following is personal opinion, not staff position on the subject.

It'd be pretty hard to throw something weighing as much as you up into the air.  I could maybe see a half-giant doing it, but not a normal person.  So I think that'd be brushing up against abuse.

I think  the way the code works now makes sense.  If you shove somebody away from you, I could see where they would stumble and fall.  But if you let them go without shoving them anywhere, whats making them fall?  Are you just shoving them down towards the ground?  This I'd certainly use bash for.  If you're forcing somebody onto the ground and releasing them, but you're within physical reach of them, it should initiate combat, which bash does.  It also gives them a chanse to avoid falling, which I think is fair.  If you're just releasing them and not doing anything to them, well, just release them and don't do anything to them.

I think the change I'd make is when you are released in a direction there is only a chanse that you end up falling to the ground, based on your agility perhaps.  I'm not saying I'm going to go and make this change now, but its my personal opinion on what would be a good thing to consider.

I'm pretty sure a templar once had a half-giant dump me out from the balcony in the bards barrel...Not sure how it worked. But it definately happened.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

order soldier throw jmordetsky down
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

So what would happen if you ordered the soldier to throw me west?
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I am pretty sure he will throw you west, but I am only using common sense..
uppers.