Armorcrafting

Started by Lasakar, December 24, 2003, 10:05:26 AM

Why couldn't I determine the size of the armor I am crafting?
I try to make a breastplate and it is always to small for me. And for my comrades too. If I am able to make and repair an armor I shouldn't run always to an armorer to resize it.

Would be nice if we could enter the size number (HELP SIZE) too.

Like:

> craft <item1> into <produced item> size <number>

example:

>craft shell into scrab-shell breastplate size 10

And if you are too inexperienced you could could miss the right size...
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

I'd just RP around it that your raw materials were not large enough for you or your friends.

It'd be nice to make things of a certain size, but I think that would require some heavy re-writing of the mud code to parse through whatever objects database they have and dynamically make the crafts list included different sizes.

Why not have craft skills make wearable stuff the size of the person crafting it?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yeah.. like I took a breastplate to the armorer and he gave me a ticket, So.. I gave that ticket to someone else to go pick up my breastplate.. and it fit the person that helped me.. and not me :(

And I love that idea.. I would like it better just for the armor to be sized to me.. so I wouldn't constantly have to work with
craft hide hide hide hide into thick studded-hide breastplate 10
(Not a real recipe)
It just feels a little long to me.. even before adding the size to it..
So if it was automaticly made for me and not halflings would be great :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

I like the default size of the armour crafted to be that of the crafter.  A VERY simple addition to the armour crafting code.  

I've never played an armour crafter before, Better yet(if not already implemented) Make a skill where crafters can size already crafted armour to that of the person they are selling the armour to.

Billybob says. 'Can you tailor this breastplate to my size?'

You nod.

craft breastplate size billybob
dropped everything and held my breath. This could not be happening. This was not my life. I began panting, all alone in a locked cubicle in a half-decent restaurant in France with a dead tapeworm hanging out my ass.

Quote from: "Crashloft"Make a skill where crafters can size already crafted armour to that of the person they are selling the armour to.

Billybob says. 'Can you tailor this breastplate to my size?'

You nod.

craft breastplate size billybob
I think this should be done with the existing skills.  That way you would need the armourcrafting skill to be able to size armour...you would need clothworking to size clothing and etc.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.