allanak

Started by Anonymous, December 22, 2003, 09:34:39 PM

I know who gives a general population count, but is there anyway to see how many players are in a city? I'm wondering around Allanak for the first time and I've only ran into two actual players so far and all the bars are empty. Is the city really sparcely populated by non-npc people? I saw a poll earlier about which city had the best plot lines or something like that and it seemed that there was an overwhelming number of people who liked Allanak more than Tuluk, but now that I've made a character here, it seems that theres hardly anyone about at all.

Play during peak hours.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Thank you for your help.
When are peak hours? Are peak hours only on Fridays and Saturdays?

Peak hours are sorta now-ish, (as of the time of your post, no matter where you happen to be in the world's time zones), and on for the next 3 hours or so. Friday nights starts earlier and ends later, Saturdays start earlier and end later.

Just as a side note, it seems like playing numbers are down slightly, probably due to the holiday season.  So, just keep in mind that there are usually more people on.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Also, (Personal Opinion) think Allanak is soo much better than tuluk. First 'Nak is opressed by  fear, rather than love of stupid (Sun king). So if you want to have fun trying to get by, go with 'nak for sure, jus' remeber templars will kill, whip, skin, eat, ect... so your not safe at any moment...

I love the intensity.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Bah, you're hardly any safer up north.  You just feel safer until the axe comes down.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

usually.. there is still about 20 people playing :) But I never see any body :( And too much stealing from npcs feels kinda twinkish.. with their ultra-blindness and all :) (Just joking)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Quote from: "Ueda"Also, (Personal Opinion) think Allanak is soo much better than tuluk. First 'Nak is opressed by  fear, rather than love of stupid (Sun king).

Anyone that says something like this should have to create a Tuluki, and then make it known that they do not adore the Sun King.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Haha. Yeah, some dumbass should do this.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"
Quote from: "Ueda"Also, (Personal Opinion) think Allanak is soo much better than tuluk. First 'Nak is opressed by  fear, rather than love of stupid (Sun king).

Anyone that says something like this should have to create a Tuluki, and then make it known that they do not adore the Sun King.

At least they would be able to die twice...
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

When I type who, it says there are 60 players online. I imagine that that's has to be a good high number of players for armageddon, but when I walk around Allanak there's still no one in the taverns, and there arn't many people walking around outside. Is Allanak a low population place?

No, I've seen plenty of people.  The trouble may be that it takes a crowd to draw a crowd, if people look into a tavern and see no one there then they are more likely to move on.  

IC time affects tavern populations, because durring the day people are at work, out hunting, shopping or sleeping off a hangover.  The largest tavern populations are usually around Late at Night and Before Dawn, because most clans give their employees free time at night, the gates are locked, and many of the shops are closed.  There is nothing else to do, so people go to the taverns.  I'd suggest parking at the Bard's Barrel, that seems to be the most popular tavern lately.  Upstairs you can gamble and downstairs you can listen to the bard sing, so there are things to do while you wait.  :)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins