Sheath, load, unload draw, etc

Started by Tamarin, December 22, 2003, 02:31:11 PM

This really needs to get fixed in my opinion:

I wear two identical strap sheaths in two different locations.  Because of the code, it only possible to draw/sheat/load/unload into one of them while they are worn.  You cannot do this:

draw knife 2.strap

I find this to be extremely hard to deal with, because you simply can't get your weapons out without removing the sheath.  The same applies for the sheath, load, and unload commands.  Is there some way around this I'm not seeing??
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

and it doesn't work with 'clean 2.wrap'
or 'say (Looking at ~2.wrap) Hello.' (You don't see that person)
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

Don't use two identical things.  Easy solution.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

No, not really.

There are sheaths with some very generic keywords, such as 'belt', and they can be impossible to draw from when wearing another belt.
Wouldn't mind seeing a fix to this, and the issues jazz brought up, but it might very well be rather complicated and it certainly isn't top priority.

Temporary solution:

email the mud and ask to have a second keyword added to one of your items.  Something like sheath2 or secsheath.  Not garunting they'll do it.  

Not even giving it a 50/50 chance.

It is the holiday's though and you might catch an imm who is in a giving spirit.

G'luck
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Or go to your local Salarri and have your sheaths dyed or order custom coloured sheaths.  Get yourself a mauve or hot pink sheath and it probably won't conflict with other keywords.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

The pompous, heavily-rouged man draws a flamboyant, feather-adorned pink flint dagger from a mauve strap-sheath with purple trim.

Be the terror that stalks in the night.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Hah! I love that cartoon! Darkwing Duck is the shit.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Darkwing Duck is the shit.
That is the most truth to come out of Venomz mouth in the fewest words ever.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.