Look out

Started by Ghost, December 11, 2003, 05:30:49 PM

l out
>Darkness
Total darkness surrounds you, preventing you from seeing anything
at all.  You have trouble telling where you put your feet when you walk.

emote slowly crawls toward the entrance of the cave
>The figure in a hooded something slowly crawls toward the entrance of the cave

l out
>Darkness
Total darkness surrounds you, preventing you from seeing anything
at all.  You have trouble telling where you put your feet when you walk.

think Am I blind or something?
> You think "Am I bllind or something?"

Well, if you are inside of a dark (Cave, cavern..well whatever) you cannot look out  even there is light outside. Dont you think, we should see out, if there is light outside?
some of my posts are serious stuff

from my own experience.. When I was in a really dark cave.. the light was to bright to see out and define details.but yeah.. AS I got closer and readjusted to the light, i could see any of the details..
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

My guess is that is it similar to the use of the "open" command in the other thread.

The code doesn't care where you are looking, I basically sees that you are in a dark room and attempting to look (reguardless of target).
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

IRL it is way easier to see out of a dark place into a light place than from a light place into a dark place, and the darker one place is, the more light one can see from another slightly dark place.

That might sound a bit confusing, so look at it this way. If you turn off all the lights in the room, the TV set gets brighter and clearer, right?
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Keep in perspective the size of these rooms. If you're looking out from a cave into an outdoor room, you're looking at about a league of square land. That itty bitty bit of light from your torch isn't going to illuminate it.

Second, as Bogre said, it is easier to look out of a darkplace into a light than from a light into a dark. In the light your eyes are adjusted to it and not used to seeing darkness. You'll normally only see black until your eyes adjust. Even then, if you're in the middle of a source of light, it's still difficult to see. If you're in the dark, your eyes are already adjusted and you might just need to squint until they adjust to the light.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Bogre...Carnage...you're just reiterating what someone else said.  Yes, we know it's easy to see from dark into light.  Thanks, guys.  So...basically, you're saying this is an idea you're in support of?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Bogre...Carnage...you're just reiterating what someone else said. Yes, we know it's easy to see from dark into light. Thanks, guys. So...basically, you're saying this is an idea you're in support of?

Spawnloser has shown us the true meaning of a 'shit post'. I thought my position of being against being able to look out from a light room into a dark room was pretty obvious. I also didn't know that anyone mentioned the size of the room. Oh, they didn't. Just as well, it looks like a million people mentioned eyes adjust--well, what do you know, nobody said anything specifically about eyes adjusting to the light.

The next time you feel the urge to make a post, you should probably put whatever you're going to say here.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Thing is, they're complaining about being unable to see into a light room from a dark room. Not the fact that they can't see into a dark room from a light room. How about we take a deep breath, sip some coffee (or take a tranquilizer, even) and think before we post next time, yeah?

I can understand this...but that's explained as the light here is shining there and illuminating stuff for people to see.  However, people in the dark should be able to see into the light, and I think that is the issue that should require the most attention.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I agree that you should be able to look into a light room from a dark room, and I don't see any point in making an unrealistic excuse for the code's mistake. Hopefully, it'll be changed sometime, and I'm not going to impatiently demand that it be changed soon. It'd be nice if the immortals noticed the problem, though, for future change.