Dying

Started by FattyWomp, October 01, 2024, 04:15:10 PM

Do the admin frown on the amount of times you're dying? Idk I thought I read somewhere that they might think you're committing suicide because you wanna ditch a character...

I think I've been playing a wk and having a blast but literally have died and recreated probably 5 characters and the current one is in a situation right now that doesn't look hopeful. Lol.

I dont mind dying and I'm having fun doing it (not on purpose). I just don't want them to think I'm ditching shitty characters.

Not a problem at all. Not uncommon for brand new players I'd say. I know I died a lot in the beginning.

I went through like 25 characters or something in my first month it felt like. In some cases I went on rapid streaks. At one point it got bad enough that an acceptance of my character application was, "Try to keep this one alive for long enough for me to wake up again. :)"

You'll be fine.  ;D

On number 52 here :/ on this account, started in 02, so 22 years. then I had
the account I lost, had a few more for ten years previous.
Not sure if it's a brag, or to cry. Gawd been playing this a long time.
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Gmail took the liberty to collapse the approval mails into one stack.

I...
Sorry okay  :'(

No, staff absolutely doesn't judge.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Good to know. Thanks guys.

Heh, no. It does not bother us at all. Many find it amusing and we sometimes worry that it might cost us a player due to the frustration. I've got over 200 characters over twenty years and there was a four year break in there. And I have had several pcs last for 6 months+, so... a LOT of quick deaths.

You don't even want to know what my character count is...
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

I LIVE I DIE I LIVE AGAIN
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.

Dying is an important part of information gathering. I am going to need to have hundreds of characters just to know for sure which "deep silt" rooms along the coast are actually guaranteed climbfails into death rooms