Could we make race based skills public knowledge

Started by Agent_137, August 01, 2024, 09:41:18 AM

August 01, 2024, 09:41:18 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 02:42:19 PM by Agent_137
I keep being surprised at what skills are given by race.  Would staff consider making them and their caps public? It's hiding build variety from most players and advantaging a few before they even get in game. Some have already been made public: delf hide/sneak, celf sleight of hand (formerly hide), and celf climb roll bonus. Let's make it official and release em all!

References:
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php?msg=1106939
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1103865.html#msg1103865

PS
It's important for RP too. If I don't expect to have a skill and I do, that's great but how did I learn it ICly? It's a surprise bit of background.   

August 01, 2024, 11:43:01 AM #1 Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 11:45:38 AM by Hindsight
Support -- I don't see a downside to this. Especially with city elf skills made public. I'd bet most long term players know but it'd be good to lift the veil so new players can make fully informed decisions in regards to certain concepts.

+ 1
Steadfast support for a unified regime,
Is how humankind will reign supreme.

This sort of info should absolutely be public knowledge.

Lots of yes's, I'll put in a request to make sure staff see the question and the support. A lot of times staff have been like "oh yeah, haven't thought about that" and bam. Of course other times it's a no for some unstated reason and that's fine too.

Looking at this now... and also location based stuff too.. Just wondering whether it would be better served up in the individual race help files or a help file that just covers race bonuses and penalties?

Quote from: Usiku on August 08, 2024, 08:22:13 AMLooking at this now... and also location based stuff too.. Just wondering whether it would be better served up in the individual race help files or a help file that just covers race bonuses and penalties?

I think the latter would be easier to reference, update, and manage. And the race files (and the class, and class competency) could just have to added to their links. 

Quote from: Usiku on August 08, 2024, 08:22:13 AMLooking at this now... and also location based stuff too.. Just wondering whether it would be better served up in the individual race help files or a help file that just covers race bonuses and penalties?
The info belongs in both places.

Maybe do it in a seperate file, like the branching, so you can look it up if you want, but can choose not to know if you don't want to :)
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.