emote stuff

Started by Tamarin, December 07, 2003, 11:50:43 AM

I would very much like to see this.

emote bows his head to ~2.templar, while turning and pulling his pants down to moon ~3.templar.

as it is, you can't use a tilde with number-suffixed objects and players.

Also, when you emote something, for example:

emote quickly dusts off ~cloak

everyone sees:

The man quickly dusts off his cloak.

It would be good to add a different operator:

emote quickly dusts off &cloak

so everyone sees

The man quickly dusts off a cloak.

This might not be the best example, but there are applications when a posessive pronoun (i.e. his, her, its) just isn't appropriate.

Thoughts?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Here's a better example for what you're asking for:
With a flick of the wrist, @ brings &dagger out of his sleeve.

So, it'd be "a dagger" instead of "his dagger", and would sound a bit better.

I'd like these changes implemented, of course, and I'm sure the staff do as well. However, plenty of other changes are no doubt more urgent, and would add more to the game.

Oh probably....I just figured this might be an easy one to fix....And you're right.  That is a better example.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Oh.. that would be nice.. so if I let someone hold something of mine they
emote holds up &axe
showing The blah holds up an axe.
instead of emote holds up ~axe
which shows The blah holds up his/her axe.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

Also good for

The man says "Hey look at my helmet"

Emote looks at ~helmet

The woman looks at her helmet.

Now all that bieng said in order to get that effect the staff would have to code it all, OR you lazy bastards could just type out

emote looks at %man helmet.

However I would like to see the ~2.sinewy and what not work as with the growing P-base I've been in severeal situations with three people that have green and some other generic keyword that causes great trouble for me in singling them out of a crowd. Then again.. that is the point of a crowd.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

If you want to use 'a black obsidian dagger' instead of 'his black obsidian dagger', you can just type out 'a black obsidian dagger'.  Granted, this takes a little longer then &dagger, but the effect it the same.  There is no need to take into account perspectives if you are just using a.  Hell, you don't really need to use ~dagger on your own stuff, as you can type out 'his black obsidian dagger' and it will not mess up anyone's perspective except your own.  I am not saying the change wouldn't hurt, but if you want to get around it for the time being you can do it this way.

As to ~2.templar, that would be very nice and is one of those things I have wanted for a while, but I imagine some quirk of code is what is keeping it from being given.

QuoteHell, you don't really need to use ~dagger on your own stuff, as you can type out 'his black obsidian dagger' and it will not mess up anyone's perspective except your own.

I personally, think when you emote and use a ~ on your own weapon... Is should just say his all around the board even for yourself. I find it annoying to see:

The short, chubby man wields your dagger.

I don't know. It'd flow better for me, and would take less thinking if everything was third person. Third person is right isn't it? Oh well.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I'd really rather not see my short description when I do something anyway. Instead of seeing the pale man scratchs your nuts, I reallly should see You scratchs your nuts.

I'd also suggest that everytime you are referenced in an emote or other such thing, that it treat it like it does in combat, highlit in ANSI.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I like seeing my character's sdesc, frankly. Makes for less confusion.

And it's 'scratches', by the way. ;)

'Scratches'.

Noted.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quoteemote bows his head to ~2.templar, while turning and pulling his pants down to moon ~3.templar.

as it is, you can't use a tilde with number-suffixed objects and players.
Love it!

Quoteemote holds up &axe
showing The blah holds up an axe.

Love it.

QuoteI'd really rather not see my short description when I do something anyway. Instead of seeing the pale man scratchs your nuts, I reallly should see You scratchs your nuts.

I like seein' my sdesc :)

QuoteI'd also suggest that everytime you are referenced in an emote or other such thing, that it treat it like it does in combat, highlit in ANSI.

I like this idea out off all them so far.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

and since it feels like this thread

how about being able to to this
~templar.. I can never get it to work as the starting words

I definately like the highlight in Ansi thing.. especially when your in a room of 23+ Pc's that are all partying.. and talking and.. all that good stuff.. trying to talk to someone in there.. is very hard to do.

Quote from: "sacac's ghost"and since it feels like this thread

how about being able to to this
~templar.. I can never get it to work as the starting words

I definately like the highlight in Ansi thing.. especially when your in a room of 23+ Pc's that are all partying.. and talking and.. all that good stuff.. trying to talk to someone in there.. is very hard to do.

The reason you can't do that is so it's not so easy to abuse the code. If you REALLY still want to do that you can type

:The REALLY SCARY templar slaps @ around.

Or whatever, OR you can just add a some words onto the begining.

Yelling loudly, ~templar slaps @ around.

Well, those are bad examples as you shouldn't be showing that much of someone elses actions in your own emotes... but there are times when something like that is needed. And you just do it that way.

Oh, acctually, the whole not being able to use ~keyword is so you don't do anything like my first example BTW.

Creeper
21sters Unite!