Q&A for NEW Advanced Start Options

Started by Halaster, May 13, 2024, 11:17:39 AM

May 14, 2024, 08:49:32 AM #25 Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 08:58:11 AM by Halaster
Quote from: Abaddon on May 14, 2024, 04:15:28 AMWill there be plans to repeal the one karma requirement for special applications?

No, you must have 1 karma to make a specapp.  This is mostly so that someone can't just make an account, put in a specapp, then as soon as that character dies, make another account and do it again.

That said, going from 0 to 1 karma is designed to be pretty easy on the new system.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Is there any possibility for fence to opt to get the same bonuses artisan/dune trader gets?
They're almost identical except fence gets boosted stealth and 2 crafting skills set to master vs 6 crafting skills set to master.
Getting 4 crafting skills to master is imo much more valuable than boosted stealth, especially with how low it caps for fence.

I would like to play a fence tbh but the starting bonuses DT/Artisan are so much more massively useful in comparison that I'm reconsidering on that alone.

Quote from: KawaiiBear on May 14, 2024, 11:44:48 AMIs there any possibility for fence to opt to get the same bonuses artisan/dune trader gets?
They're almost identical except fence gets boosted stealth and 2 crafting skills set to master vs 6 crafting skills set to master.
Getting 4 crafting skills to master is imo much more valuable than boosted stealth, especially with how low it caps for fence.

I would like to play a fence tbh but the starting bonuses DT/Artisan are so much more massively useful in comparison that I'm reconsidering on that alone.

This is reasonable.  I've updated Fence to be:

For Fence:
- Offense, Defense raised a tiny amount
- Parry raised to apprentice if you start with it
- Two fighting styles (two-handed, dual wield, or shield use) raised to apprentice
- Kick, bash, disarm, rescue, guarding, riposte and hack all raised a small amount (depends on skill) if your guild/subguild combo starts with the skill.
- Ride set to journeyman if you start with it
- Large boost to 3 "other" skills.  Examples would be hunting, direction sense, skinning, clothworking, etc.  Again, a skill you start with only.
- 2 crafting skills (in addition to above) set to master
- 2 crafting skills (in addition to above) set to advanced
- Sneak and hide set at low advanced

Quote from: benjonson on May 28, 2024, 05:08:39 AMHow can I use this option?
You can do this by using a Special Application.  Everyone gets 2 special applications a year, once they reach 1 karma.

So once you have 1 karma, you can go into the request tool, click New Request, go under Character Related and choose Special Application.  Here is the helpfile on it:  https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Special%20Applications

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere - but when does this open?

Quote from: Athapaxis on June 02, 2024, 11:09:49 PMSorry if this has already been answered somewhere - but when does this open?

I couldn't quote the thread, but June 10th

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60377.0.html

Now actually.

From this announcement:  https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60419.0.html

"June 1st - applications for rolecalls and specapps are open in the request tool"

So if you want to do an advanced start special app, you can submit the request in the request tool now.  The systems to actually -create- the character aren't open yet, that'll be June 10.