SEASON PLOT IDEAS FOR UPCOMING ARM SEASONS!!!!

Started by LidlessEye, December 06, 2023, 07:59:49 AM

Here's an idea. A power surge from the ruins of Steinal has archeological teams from both Tuluk and Allanak racing to get to it before the other, while opportunistic raiders from Storm try to prey off of both. Neither Allanak nor Tuluk nor Storm will be 'real'. They will be virtual in this version with all three factions having base camps in various parts of the ruins, and via animations receive communiques from their home cities as to instructions and updates.

Neutral PCs could also exist as 'squatters' around the ruins in shanty town(s) who will be the trade partners for/scammers of these outsider expeditions.
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

Every other season will be a long, continuing story, with "break" seasons in between, then you pick back up where you left off, if you want to.  The break seasons could be anywhere from a month to six months long before the main story picks back up.

Season one could end in the discovery of the ruins of Steinal, season two would be a flashback of what life was like there, and season three would pick back up with where season one left off, us oocly knowing was steinial was like and making those discorveries IG with our new or old PCs.

This would mitigate what to me is the worst part of the change, character wipes. You still have your mainline story character until you choose to store it, but you still get to "do something new" once or twice a year.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

December 06, 2023, 02:31:44 PM #2 Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 02:40:42 PM by MarshallDFX Reason: Please voice your disagreement with seasons in appropriate thread
-comment removed by moderator

Still:
Thrain Ironsword's campaign against nak.
The time of the Empire of Man and the council of Kings.
The fall of Steinal.
Tuluk before mage ban.
Mantis vs Elves.
Luir Dragonsthrall's life and the making of Luir's Outpost.
The mfer who owned the tomb west of Luir's.
The mfers who built the docile ankheg cave complex.
The mfers who built That One Keep in the northwest.
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

I just want to be able to read all the books I know those dirty nobles are hiding from me. The great Librarian's age please. Can we steal them and force a noble teach us to read? Books for all... or just for a few more  ::)

How the Labyrinth came to be, with its fall from the once affluent place it's hinted to have been.

I'd be super into bringing back the Atrium but I don't think the population would support that clan.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Other threads: "Oh no! This is the end! This is the doom of Armageddon!"

This thread: "But anyway, here's my ideas ..."

That's the resilience of Crackageddon right there.

Quote from: Miradus on December 06, 2023, 02:46:16 PMOther threads: "Oh no! This is the end! This is the doom of Armageddon!"

Sometimes, when you think the ship is about to sink, it is still good to try to bail water and see what happens.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 06, 2023, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Miradus on December 06, 2023, 02:46:16 PMOther threads: "Oh no! This is the end! This is the doom of Armageddon!"

Sometimes, when you think the ship is about to sink, it is still good to try to bail water and see what happens.

You still drown, but tired.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Is Friday on December 06, 2023, 02:39:40 PMI'd be super into bringing back the Atrium but I don't think the population would support that clan.

It's been open for a jaunt recently!

The guild has crumbled due to infighting. A handful of different leaders with different ideas of how to run the biz now control sections of the alleys.

What will the new guild look like when the dust settles?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died