Nocturnal Animals

Started by Pariah, December 03, 2023, 11:33:40 AM

I've often thought that we should have animals based on different parts of the day.

We currently have NPCS that wander around on predefined schedules, some only come out at night or day.

Why are monsters just static and standing there rolling dice to see if they move or not (How I assume it's done).

There is a plethora of public domain monsters that could be adapted to Zalanthas, I think it would be cool if there was only stuff you could hunt at night, thus giving reasons for people to camp out, setup tents, be vulnerable and dangerous in the wilds to hunt.

Could open up many plots, what you guys think?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Love it.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I agree there should be some animals that do come out at night exclusively. I think it would be a lot of work to do that. And you would have to also have burrows and dens for these creatures added in to come in during the day, and at night and so on.

However, I will say is that from my experience your understanding of mob mechanics is wrong. To my knowledge.

So it's a prospect that seems easy, but is harder than it looks.

I'm for more dens/nests of animals that spawn semi-randomly rather than just animals themselves.

Only because what happens when you're still fighting and it becomes Dawn and the creature just disappears because its daytime?

But with nests... thats more critters that maybe patrol around the nest area and things you have to find and hunt and plan for. Lets see a nest of scrabs. A cuddle-puddle of jozhal.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I've always been pro nest/den/burrows, they started it with Jakhals but whomever did those and spider nests seems to have got bored and moved on.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"