House Oash Noble Rolecall: Only Tek Can Judge Me

Started by Eurynomos, November 26, 2023, 07:41:41 PM

November 26, 2023, 07:41:41 PM Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 12:03:24 AM by Eurynomos
Hello,

We are looking for One Noble of House Oash; Black and Blue, Through and Through. Only Tek can Judge Me.

You will be representing the Prima House of Allanak, House Oash, as a Junior Noble, taking control of a cadre of cursed Gemmed in a Circle of the Magi, politicking and rubbing elbows with the elite of Allanak, and pursuing plots of a mundane (and sometimes magickal) nature.

This is not EZ mode Armageddon. However, you have me, Eurynomos, as a collaborator and Storyteller, as well as Oenom and Natious as Administrator; I will do all within my scope to make this a fun, engaging, exciting, sometimes thrilling, perhaps deadly role. I have a breadth of experience as a Staffer, having helped write some of House Oash's documentation over the years, and look forward to collaborating with you on this House Oash Noble!

My style of staffing is reactive -- I tend to not railroad you as a PC or Player. I will do what I can (and within my scope as your Storyteller) to animate the world of Zalanthas and bring it to life for you and your plots.

Recommendations for the application:
OOC needs:
  • Early peak (7-10 pm server) is optimal. I am around after 7PM EST, so if you are a GMT Player, we won't have too much crossover except through the request tool. That doesn't mean you shouldn't apply, but it may mean (honestly) less animations from me.
  • Consistent Logins. 10 hours a week all you can give, including weekends? That's fine. Just make sure the hours have some overlap with whoever you hire, since an employee who can never catch up to their boss = two sad players.
  • A Public-facing Noble. That means people need to see them. Commoners need to know they're out and about.  If they don't know you're there, they can't care.
  • Prefer a 'Burn Bright and Hard' type of PC. A Noble that is fierce, tenacious, strong-willed, and a self-starter. I will obviously work with you on plots you create, offer my input and ideas, and throw some curve balls and involve you in plots we are cooking up for the Southlands in general. But we do ask that you come up with your own fun too!
  • Must be mundane. No exceptions!
  • Prefer someone looking to up their game as far as leadership roles go. I am amenable to applications from newer players that want to jump into the role of a Noble, as well as old-hands at Noble roles. This is a good opportunity for Karma Considerations, particularly if you have flown under the radar and feel up to the task.
  • Must be communicative, respectful over the request tool, and not jump down my throat. You will find I am incredibly amenable as a Staffer and will treat you with positivity and respect.
  • Must adhere to the documentation for Allanak and Gemmed (in consideration of the Circle of Magi in House Oash's Employ). That means if you want your character to stray from them, we would have a discussion about it and try and reach a compromise, and you need to communicate it with staff so we're not left in the dark as to why your PC just did what they just did. We prefer a player that asks questions, and we're happy to answer them and clarify any documentation that seems opaque or under-detailed.

Here's the main page for the Allanaki Nobles: https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Allanaki%20Clans for you to review.

What is needed in the application:

Instructions
  • Need your PC's proposed name, short description, main description.
  • Provide a general background if you're not very familiar with House Oash, and a detailed (but brief) background if you are familiar. One or two paragraphs suffices!
  • Please include a proposed NPC or two in your background that I can bring to life for you, be it a cousin or mother/father, assistant/majordomo from their past, or a child.
  • Specify typical availability; average hours played per week, and usual time of day you play.
  • Short list of goals - at least 2 accomplishable short-term goals, 2 intermediate goals, and 2 long-term goals for your character.
  • Submit your request using the role-call option in the request tool, and title your request Oash Noble Application: <Name>, with <Name> being the name of your bespoke Oashi.

We will keep this role call open until 12/2/23. Thank you for taking the time and consideration, and look forward to seeing your application in the request tool.

-Eurynomos, Oenom, and Natious /// Southern Team ///
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Thank you for the bevy of applications thus far. We will be making our decision in the next couple of days. Last minute (but well considered and written) applications will be considered until 12/1/23, i'll be closing this out 12/2/23.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

This is now closed. Got my mind made up, as Tupac would say.

Thank you for the interest in this role! We had some great applications, but as with Highlander, there can only be one.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff