Holy Fucking Lag Batman

Started by Pariah, November 19, 2023, 10:21:45 PM

November 19, 2023, 10:21:45 PM Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 10:40:38 PM by Pariah
So what is with this prime time lag we are getting lately?  I like many others have memorized various paths throughout the city and can type e e e s e e ect to get places.

I'm hitting walls of lag that make even simple travel through the city to be a chore, two to three second lag each room, on top of the system added lag, makes it like I'm trying to walk through quicksand.

Let alone if I'm trying to do hoodrat shit like go fight a critter or steal from players.

Can we get someone on this issue?  During the day when I'm at work and can't really do too much hoodrat shit cause I could get pulled away at a moments notice, game runs smooth as butter.  But when you get 30 or so folks playing it grinds to a halt.

Example: Not even shitting you, took me five minutes to walk from the GAJ main room to the fucking main gate....

Did the whole reset the modem and router deal, came back, same issue, had to just log off versus risk getting discovered on my sekret sorcerer mindbender.

250mbs down 40mbps up, and the game is grinding for me.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Yesterday the game was crashing viciously on repeat, it took me 5 or 6 tries just to log in when the game came back up and QUIT OOC before it crashed again.  Played earlier today and everything was running smooth.  Just tried to log in a few minutes ago and now a Large issue with my login account and a huge chunk of missing characters from previously played list...  Unfortunately I have a feeling that all the lag problems and code issues we've likely all been noticing more of lately might be connected somehow.

I'm sure the entirety of the staff is doing their part to investigate the source of the problem, lets give em a hand for all the difficult detail work they do for us, just to keep our favorite sandbox afloat!  :D
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

It was a slow day in the complaint department so they tossed a wrench in the machinery for ya Pariah. You're welcome.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Pariah on November 19, 2023, 10:21:45 PMSo what is with this prime time lag we are getting lately?  I like many others have memorized various paths throughout the city and can type e e e s e e ect to get places.

I'm hitting walls of lag that make even simple travel through the city to be a chore, two to three second lag each room, on top of the system added lag, makes it like I'm trying to walk through quicksand.

Let alone if I'm trying to do hoodrat shit like go fight a critter or steal from players.

Can we get someone on this issue?  During the day when I'm at work and can't really do too much hoodrat shit cause I could get pulled away at a moments notice, game runs smooth as butter.  But when you get 30 or so folks playing it grinds to a halt.

Example: Not even shitting you, took me five minutes to walk from the GAJ main room to the fucking main gate....

Did the whole reset the modem and router deal, came back, same issue, had to just log off versus risk getting discovered on my sekret sorcerer mindbender.

250mbs down 40mbps up, and the game is grinding for me.

Staff here are volunteers. Be grateful you even have a game.
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

Quote from: LidlessEye on November 20, 2023, 08:36:15 AMStaff here are volunteers. Be grateful you even have a game.
Sweet, thanks for telling me this, hopefully that helps with the lag?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

The past couple updates have mentioned working on scripts and some other things to try and tackle the lag.

Someone may be loading 2000 spiders again.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

November 20, 2023, 11:14:21 AM #6 Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 11:27:57 AM by Pariah
Quote from: Riev on November 20, 2023, 11:12:25 AMThe past couple updates have mentioned working on scripts and some other things to try and tackle the lag.

Someone may be loading 2000 spiders again.
I remember when @Ath, I think it was him, did the poop update, and I happened upon a room with like ten mekillots in the salt flats I was like WTF?

Got pulled away for work and failed to complete my thought.  Well what happened was I wandered into NEXT to that room with the mekillots all congregating, I panicked and typed run w w w w w w

Then the game crashed on me, and I was not sure if it was my connection or the game itself, thankfully it was the mekillots that crashed the game and I timewarped back to the west gate upon relog in.

Quote from: Pariah on November 20, 2023, 08:55:47 AM
Quote from: LidlessEye on November 20, 2023, 08:36:15 AMStaff here are volunteers. Be grateful you even have a game.
Sweet, thanks for telling me this, hopefully that helps with the lag?
The lag(And crashes) are being discussed and updates are being provided in a more immediate way via Discord presently. I'm sure when they find the source of it all, they will likely announce it either here or there. Keep your eyes out.

The game is lagging, staff is on it. Not sure what else you expect, apart from someone shouting at ginka until it behaves.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Quote from: zealus on November 20, 2023, 03:02:28 PMThe game is lagging, staff is on it. Not sure what else you expect, apart from someone shouting at ginka until it behaves.

I have a very complicated client-side TinTin script now that mines Bitcoin for me while foraging.

Quote from: Miradus on November 20, 2023, 03:28:24 PM
Quote from: zealus on November 20, 2023, 03:02:28 PMThe game is lagging, staff is on it. Not sure what else you expect, apart from someone shouting at ginka until it behaves.

I have a very complicated client-side TinTin script now that mines Bitcoin for me while foraging.

You must be rich both in game and out of game, then.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on November 20, 2023, 04:00:17 PMYou must be rich both in game and out of game, then.

I am soon to has all the sids.