Idle armageddon class discussion

Started by Jihelu, October 18, 2023, 12:02:42 PM

October 31, 2023, 08:38:54 AM #25 Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 08:40:38 AM by Triskelion
That's because bricky spooders are omegabroken and can roll mul strength. The actual code function of 'skill vs wildlife/humanoids/etc.' is not very impactful on its own.

Also, as its been hinted at numerous times:

For those whose job it is to kill spiders, they will find themselves far more capable against spiders than if come upon by a humanoid raider.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Yeah I get there is probably some hidden skill versus thing in our list of skills.

My point is the stark contrast between fighting people and fighting fauna is soooo wide.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Triskelion on October 31, 2023, 08:38:54 AMThat's because bricky spooders are omegabroken and can roll mul strength. The actual code function of 'skill vs wildlife/humanoids/etc.' is not very impactful on its own.

Brick red spiders will ALWAYS give me pause, whether I'm a thirty days played character that wipes the floor with everything or whether I'm a day one newb.  To see one in the distance is like WELL FUCK.

They are so varied in power, I've killed five in a row to be OMFG HIT in the neck from 100hp to 20hp
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

October 31, 2023, 10:35:09 AM #29 Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 11:08:03 AM by Kavrick
Quote from: Pariah on October 31, 2023, 08:55:08 AM
Quote from: Triskelion on October 31, 2023, 08:38:54 AMThat's because bricky spooders are omegabroken and can roll mul strength. The actual code function of 'skill vs wildlife/humanoids/etc.' is not very impactful on its own.

Brick red spiders will ALWAYS give me pause, whether I'm a thirty days played character that wipes the floor with everything or whether I'm a day one newb.  To see one in the distance is like WELL FUCK.

They are so varied in power, I've killed five in a row to be OMFG HIT in the neck from 100hp to 20hp

This is how I feel about carru. I nearly died to a carru once on a character that could kill the majority of mobs in the game because it randomly hit me three times for like 80 damage. Random stats on mobs can make them rediculous.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

Hell, there was once a time when carru-charge had no delay. They could do it three times in an instant. The '00s were a wild time.

Quote from: Triskelion on October 31, 2023, 11:35:17 AMHell, there was once a time when carru-charge had no delay. They could do it three times in an instant. The '00s were a wild time.
That's still a thing, seen it happen as recent as this month.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

Carry can randomly bash you over and over too.  It's rare but I've had it happen.

re: classes

i like them. i like subguild none a lot. i think there should be more things like subguild none. it's cool to grow as a character, through roleplay, and have that reflected in code.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: Narf on October 30, 2023, 04:12:32 PM
Quote from: Lotion on October 20, 2023, 04:12:55 PMstarter shops are grossly inconsistent in how they are navigated and what they contain. only luir's has bandages.

Moderated by Kestria - Due to in game spoilers.

I suppose a new player wouldn't be aware, but virtually all cloth items can be turned into a functional bandage-item with the salvage command.
Salvage is not a good solution to this problem as clothes to salvage are not always readily available. Even if cloth salvage was readily available it's still not a good solution to my observed problem.

Quote from: Lotion on November 01, 2023, 05:03:21 AMSalvage is not a good solution to this problem as clothes to salvage are not always readily available. Even if cloth salvage was readily available it's still not a good solution to my observed problem.

I rarely do this, but I will pass along a pro-tip I got from another player a long time ago.

Find:

a small bag

You know, the one that is often sold alongside "a large bag"

salvage it

How many scraps of cloth you get is dependent on the weight of the item being salvaged.  The problem with cloth is there isn't a lot that weight a lot, and those that do are usually not cheap.  And they need to be a minimum weight to get anything.  So find something common and consistent and cheap.

Quote from: Brokkr on November 02, 2023, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: Lotion on November 01, 2023, 05:03:21 AMSalvage is not a good solution to this problem as clothes to salvage are not always readily available. Even if cloth salvage was readily available it's still not a good solution to my observed problem.

I rarely do this, but I will pass along a pro-tip I got from another player a long time ago.

Find:

a small bag

You know, the one that is often sold alongside "a large bag"

salvage it

How many scraps of cloth you get is dependent on the weight of the item being salvaged.  The problem with cloth is there isn't a lot that weight a lot, and those that do are usually not cheap.  And they need to be a minimum weight to get anything.  So find something common and consistent and cheap.

You got a friend who is trying to get clothworking on a dune trader? Gettem to salvage one of their 235255 pointless tents. You get a ton of scraps every time.