Suggestion: Make IC Rumor Boards Visible Offline

Started by Dracul, September 13, 2023, 02:03:26 PM

I believe there is a lonely half elf in every tavern desperate for your attention, and with the unseen way, I would expect rumors to proliferate the known.
Veteran Newbie

As a new player, I don't love this idea. Maybe if it were just a list of the titles? Or a notification of a new one in such and such area?

I like that there are different boards and that you might not know what's going on in a different part of the world. Also, having posted quite a bit on them, I like to see the ic response to people "hearing" the rumor. Having them offline pulls this away.

September 13, 2023, 09:15:25 PM #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 09:19:03 PM by Inks
I would prefer that PCs were IG to read rumor boards in their local area. It would just stop PCs going to their local pub more and I prefer that interaction ig was encouraged the organic way it is.

Also cave witches can get stuffed as far as rumor boards are concerned!

I would say that there are characters in the fringes that shouldn't have access to IC rumor boards unless they go into civilized areas, let alone their local taverns. Just some things need to be found out IC at all times.

I like playing the game where you either need info from, or need to bring info to another locale. The unseen way already makes this less relevant.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

I think we can trust players to not abuse remote access to rumor boards.