Draw weapon container/ get random vial/ tablet container (objectively good idea)

Started by Inks, July 27, 2023, 06:21:40 AM

So, in the dark (both natural and magickal) you are unable to draw a weapon from a knife belt, scabbard or sheath.

I propose a draw weapon (any sheath/scabbard etc container) command that selects a random drawable weapon from that container and draws it.

It is ludicrous realism wise you can't find a weapon in a sheath or scabbard attached to your body if blinded by magick, hostile npcs or darkness.

Same goes for vials and tablets, if blinded and poisoned you should be able to pull out random tablets and vials from containers and start eating/ drinking them.

This is both a massive ic realism and ooc playability change, and objectively good for the game.

Thank you for reading.

+1

The man speaks sense
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.

I'd go far to say that the marked vials and some tablets have embossed images on them and the tablets have texture differences that would allow you to tell exactly what you were pulling.

Same with weapons. If I have two sword in my backsheath, and they are drastically different, I would know immediately what handle was what.

This is a culture under a red sun, with various weather anomalies. These people are practiced in low visual manipulation, especially tribal or outdoors peoples.

I think you should be able to manipulate anything on your person or in a container on your person in all natural darknesses, storms, etc. I have mixxed feelings on the magickal versons of such things, and would happily go either way.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Tailong on July 27, 2023, 09:13:00 AMI'd go far to say that the marked vials and some tablets have embossed images on them and the tablets have texture differences that would allow you to tell exactly what you were pulling.

Absolutely. It could be possible for blind fighting to play some role in determining what you get (failing the check might cause you to pull a random vial instead), but this makes a lot of sense in a setting that otherwise dreads literacy.

Quote from: Jarvis on July 27, 2023, 07:38:43 AM+1

The man speaks sense

And the comments about pulling from the blindfighting skill as well as magickal blinding possibly overriding a lot of the more reasonable things you should be able to touch or interact with even if you can't see them.
Veteran Newbie

Told you it was objectively a good idea.

Please make it happen coders.  :-*

Muh immershuns/playability.

+1.

And be able to pick up something you just dropped in the dark. It's at your feet.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts